First Class Mechanic
Internal ID: [[id]]
Primary Location: Macon, Georgia
Employment Status: Full-Time
Pay Grade: 7.5
Want to work for a company that gives you opportunities to grow in a collaborative environment? How about working for a manufacturer with a rich history and even brighter future?
Armstrong World Industries began over 150 years ago as a small cork-cutting shop in Pittsburgh, PA. From that small business, we became the global leader in ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions that contribute to better, more inspiring buildings that can improve how we all live, work, learn, heal and feel. At Armstrong World Industries you’ll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Come build your future with us!
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to perform preventive/predictive maintenance procedures, emergency mechanical repairs, and lubrication on all mechanical and fluid-power equipment.
- Perform preventive and predictive mechanical maintenance, mechanical repairs, and installations of new equipment by safely using manual and powered hand tools, precision instruments, shop machines such as grinders and drill presses, and gas and electrical cutting and welding equipment. Demonstrate judgment ability and proper use of test equipment to perform preventive and predictive inspections in order to prevent downtime of assigned equipment. Recommend equipment for replacement in order to improve productivity. Diagnose mechanical problems and determine best method of repair. Work with various types of metals including sheet metal, pipe and structural shapes. Work from blueprints, sketches, written specifications, and verbal instructions to implement installations and troubleshoot problems. Work with limited supervision. Observe safety precautions and plant regulations in order to prevent injury to self and others or damage to equipment and materials.
- Requirements: Infrequent very heavy work in moving and installing equipment (50-100 lbs). Standing, walking, climbing, or bending constantly. Work in confined areas and awkward positions. This is a complex job requiring considerable training, experience, and skill to perform required work. Four years industrial mechanical experience.
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, Armstrong World Industries offers interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we’re here to serve – our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
- Standard benefit package offerings: Medical, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance
- Long term disability coverage
- Vacation and sick time
- Product discount programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Armstrong World Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Armstrong employees directly in an attempt to present candidates.
Armstrong will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Armstrong, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Armstrong mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Armstrong employees, or to Armstrong’s resume database will be considered Armstrong property. Armstrong will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Armstrong will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees.
Armstrong will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed Armstrong contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted.
Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Armstrong’s Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager or his or her designee. No other Armstrong employee is authorized to bind Armstrong to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to Armstrong, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this policy.