Requisition No: 159282
Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-VOCATIONAL FOOD SERVICE COORDINATOR – 70910265 FRANKLIN CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
Position Number: 70910265
Salary: $11.35 per hour
Posting Closing Date: 03/02/2021
***OPEN COMPETITVE ADVERTISEMENT***
OPS Vocational Food Service Coordinator – 70910265
This advertisement is for an OPS position located at Franklin Correctional Institution in the Food Service Department.
Salary Rate: $11.35 hourly
SALARY WILL BE DETERMINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CURRENT PAY POLICY.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for daily meal preparation including production and meal service to the inmate population. This includes interpreting and complying with OSHA and related health and food service standards.
- Handles raw and cooked food in accordance with sanitation standards
- Supervises the inmate food service worker in food production, preparation, kitchen sanitation and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY (KSA’s)
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective communication.
- Knowledge of vocational skills, such as food service operations.
- Skills in performing food service operations.
- Ability to understand and apply rules, regulations, policies, and procedures related to all areas of food service operations.
- Ability to work in a training capacity with people in individual group settings, and upon completion of training.
- Ability to complete work assignments without constant direct supervision.
- Ability to collect, record, and evaluate data relating to the training of individuals.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and other institutional materials.
- Ability to prepare and maintain production logs and other required documentations.
- Ability to multi-task, managing several areas of food service operations at the same time with different inmate workers assigned to different task areas.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent
- One year of food service experience or six months of experience in correctional food service is preferred.
Support of knowledge, skills, and abilities should be demonstrated on the application, in the education, in the work experience, in the work sample, in the interview and/or during reference checks.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above indicated qualification and have the desired education, knowledge and experience, please submit a State of Florida Application and resume through the People First system. If you experience problems applying on-line, please call the People First Service Center at 1-877-562-7287.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the closing date.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.