Requisition No: 231362
Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-VOCATIONAL FOOD SERVICE COORDINATOR-70042352-LAWTEY CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
Position Number: 70042352
Salary: $18,259.02 – $54,914.57
Posting Closing Date: 09/16/2020
Vocational Food Service Coordinator – 70042352
****INTERNAL OPPORTUNITY ONLY – Must be currently employed with the Florida Department of Corrections to be considered for this position.
This advertisement is for a Career Service position located at Lawtey Correctional Institution in the Food Service Department.
Salary Rate: $908.00 biweekly
SALARY WILL BE DETERMINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CURRENT PAY POLICY.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the oversight of daily meal preparation including production and meal service to the inmate population. This includes interpreting and complying with OSHA and related health and food service standards.
- Handles raw and cooked food in accordance with sanitation standards.
- Supervises the inmate food service workers in food production, preparation, kitchen sanitation, etc.
- Ensures preparation of meals is in accordance with the Department’s master menu manual and master menu recipes.
- Maintains professional food service management certification.
- Responsible for the accurate completion and maintenance of production, training and other required documentation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES (KSA’s):
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to speak clearly and correctly to individuals and groups.
- Ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- One (1) year of experience in food service or 6 months’ experience in correctional food service preparation can substitute for the required one-year experience.
- Must be currently employed with the Florida Department of Corrections.
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification
Support of knowledge, skills, and abilities should be demonstrated on the application, in the education, in the work experience, in the work sample, in the interview and/or during reference checks.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above indicated qualification and have the desired education, knowledge and experience, please submit a State of Florida Application and resume through the People First system. If you experience problems applying on-line, please call the People First Service Center at 1-877-562-7287. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the closing date.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.