Requisition No: 234022
Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-STORES CONSULTANT F/C-70036426-MARTIN CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
Position Number: 70036426
Salary: $27,926.08 Annually
Posting Closing Date: 09/21/2020
Stores Consultant F/C – 70036426
****INTERNAL OPPORTUNITY ONLY – Must be currently employed with the Florida Department of Corrections to be considered for this position.
This advertisement is for a Career Service position located at Martin Correctional Institution in the Mailroom/Warehouse
Salary Rate: $27,926.08
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This is a support position assigned to Institutional Support and reports directly to the General Services Specialist. The incumbent will be providing administrative and logistical support for Institution Mailroom and Warehouse.
- Oversees and maintains the daily operation of the Mailroom. This includes, but is not limited to, the receipt of commodities from institutions and completion of proper paperwork for receiving and issuing commodities.
- Processing incoming and outgoing inmate and Institutional mail, review Admissible Reading material, process inmate grievances, logging incoming Legal Mail, forwarding inmate mail to other facilities.
- Assist with supervision of inmate workforce as it relates.
- The incumbent will be acting on behalf of the Institution providing administrative checks and balances needed at the local entities to ensure that the assets of the Department are protected and all legislative requirements are met.
- As supervisor, this position communicates with, motivates, provides or coordinates training, evaluates employee’s work, plans and directs the employees’ work, and has authority to hire or recommend the hire, transfer or discipline subordinate employee.
- Directs supervision of subordinate personnel who are performing warehousing, canteen and mailroom duties.
- Coordinates, directs, and maintains the daily operation of the mailroom, receiving warehouse, inmate discharge functions and cash receipts, payroll distribution, the institutional resource room and laundry operations, where applicable. This includes, but is not limited to, the receiving, storage and distribution of commodities from various vendors and entities; receipt, inspection, and distribution of all mail for the institution as outlined by procedure.
- Communicates on a regular basis with the Assistant Warden at the Institution and the General Services Manager at the Central Distribution Warehouse (CDW) on all administrative support functions being performed.
- Responsible for the supervision of inmate workforce as it relates to receiving/shipping, canteen, and laundry operations. Responds to inmate requests and grievances as applicable
- The employee in this position spends a minimum of 75% of their time performing duties which involve contact with inmates in a correctional institution. This position may require the incumbent to possess a Florida CDL
- Oversee and maintain the daily operation, where applicable, of the mailroom, inmate discharge function and cash receipts, payroll distribution, institution resource room and laundry operations. This includes, but is not limited to, the receipt, storage and distribution of commodities from the CDW and vendors; receipt, inspection and distribution of all mail for the institution as outlined by procedure. Performs Purchasing Card processor duties
- Responsible for the supervision of inmate workforce as it relates to receiving/shipping, and laundry operations. Responds to inmate requests and grievances as applicable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Knowledge of record-keeping procedures
- Ability to maintain an inventory of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Ability to conduct studies pertaining to stock use, inventory, mix and price structure.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to develop various reports.
- Ability to initiate purchase orders.
- Ability to assess budgetary needs.
- Ability to evaluate products.
- Ability to interview others
Please note, when submitting a college/university degree, if selected for this position official transcripts will be required.
- Five (5) years of clerical, supplies or storekeeping experience, three (3) years of which must have involved storekeeping activities.
- College education from an accredite college or university can substitute at the rate of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours for each year of the required experience.
Support of knowledge, skills, and abilities should be demonstrated on the application, in the education, in the work experience, in the work sample, in the interview and/or during reference checks.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above indicated qualification and have the desired education, knowledge and experience, please submit a State of Florida Application and resume through the People First system. If you experience problems applying on-line, please call the People First Service Center at 1-877-562-7287.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the closing date.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.