Requisition No: 198521
Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-OPERATIONS & MGMT CONSULTANT MGR-SES-70014809-CENTRAL OFFICE
Position Number: 70014809
Salary: $43,507.36 – $93,333.36 Annually
Posting Closing Date: 09/21/2020
***OPEN COMPETITIVE ADVERTISEMENT***
Operations Manager Consultant Manager-SES – 70014809
This advertisement is for a SES position located at Central Office in the Health Service Department.
Salary Rate: $43,507.36 – $93,333.36 Annually
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the Contract Monitoring section within the Office of Health Services. Supervises three field staff Government Analyst positions to provide analytics for discipline area monitors to aid in monitoring of health care. Finalizes contractually required monitoring reports and is the point of contact for both the contractor and discipline directors for monitoring development, execution, findings, and challenges. Prepares the OHS annual risk based contract monitoring plans and the annual contract risk assessment and program risk assessments for the Inspector General's Office. Works with discipline directors as needed to determine allowable expenditures. Provides backup for MyFloridaMarketPlace approvals and as the OHS Surplus Property Review committee designee. Completes annual contractually required monitoring plans in conjunction with the contract manager(s) as required.
- As supervisor, this position communicates with, motivates, provides or coordinates training, evaluates employee’s work, plans and directs the employee’s work, and has authority to hire or recommend the hire, transfer or discipline subordinate employees.
- Responsible for the direct management, auditing, programmatic and administrative monitoring of significant high cost contracts. Coordinates the development of monitoring program, conducts site visits, reviews and certifies invoices, receives and reviews reports.
- Assist the Senior Management Analyst Supervisor to gather, analyze, and interpret financial information and provide general oversight of all areas of contract operations which have a financial impact. Position has responsibility with contract and subcontract monitoring obligation and subcontract compliance. Provides financial management expertise in special operational projects.
- Assist in negotiation, drafting scope of service, performance measures and compensation section for request for information/request to bid/statutory exempt contracts.
- Supervise and direct work of the Government Operations Consultant II, Government Analyst I and Secretary Specialist.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Florida Certified Contract Manager.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- FLAIR/BARS, MyFloridaMarketplace experience.
- Experience monitoring and managing multi-faceted contracts.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience within a correctional setting.
- Knowledge of healthcare system.
- Knowledge of basic management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the methods of data collection and analysis.
- Ability to supervise people.
- Ability to manage a consultative program designed to ensure the resolution of managerial and operational problems.
- Ability to determine work priorities, assign work and ensure proper completion of work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to assess budgetary needs.
- Ability to formulate policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures relating to operational and management analysis activities.
- Ability to organize data into logical format for presentation in reports, documents and other materials.
- Ability to collect, evaluate and analyze data to develop alternative recommendations, solve problems, document work and other activities relating to the improvement of operational and management practices.
- Ability to conduct fact-finding research.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions.
Please note, when submitting a college/university degree, if selected for this position official transcripts will be required.
- Florida Certified Contract Manager or eligible to obtain certification within 3 months of employment.
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience in a health care and correctional setting.
- Experience in MyFloridaMarketPlace.
- Experience in contract management and/or monitoring.
- Supervisory experience.
Support of knowledge, skills, and abilities should be demonstrated on the application, in the education, in the work experience, in the work sample, in the interview and/or during reference checks.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above indicated qualification and have the desired education, knowledge and experience, please submit a State of Florida Application and resume through the People First system. If you experience problems applying on-line, please call the People First Service Center at 1-877-562-7287.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the closing date.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.