Job Req ID: 399261
Position Number: 00144517
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: To fill PTO requests and work at least 2 days every 2 weeks; the potential to work more; 24 hour cal
Standard Hours: 4.00
Department Name: Lifeshare – Organ
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details: 27 hospitals between Asheville and Charlotte.
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
The LifeShare Carolinas Family Services Coordinator (FSC) is responsible for ensuring that potential donor families make an informed decision regarding organ, tissue and eye donation, providing emotional support for potential donor families, and assists with donor family services projects and hospital development activities. The FSC I works with LifeShare and hospital administration, physicians, nursing staff, and other key departments as necessary in to implement educational and quality improvement programs related to donation.
- Supports potential donor families in making informed decisions regarding organ, eye and tissue donations.
- Obtains authorization for donation and completes all required paperwork.
- Completes charting in patientsï¿½ EMRs in accordance with LifeShare policies and procedures.
- Maintains understanding of the grief process and comfortability in dealing with death.
- Provides active-reflective listening, grief support, and follow-up for donor families as appropriate.
- Work as an integral part of the LifeShare team
- Participates in quality assurance and performance improvement projects in Family Support department and LifeShare
- Assumes 24-hour on-call responsibility including weekends and holidays as determined by the department.
Available to travel distances greater than 100 miles and function effectively in unfamiliar hospital environments. Must be able to endure irregular sleep patterns.??? Work extended hours (25+), take call for 24hr intervals for consecutive days. Work in office, patient care area, and operating room. Ability to lift 50 pounds. Good visual acuity and accurate manual dexterity. Use of personal car for business is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, bend and walk, lift 30 lbs, be contacted by phone, work outside of normal business hours. Use of personal car for business is required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelorï¿½s Degree or three yearsï¿½ experience in organ procurement required. Experience in social work, grief support, chaplaincy, hospice care preferred. Experience providing services to the public dealing with trauma or death and dying situations is preferred. Valid Driverï¿½s license required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer