Requisition Number: 45589
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning Incorporated focuses on building a diverse global workforce where differences are celebrated, and employees feel safe bringing their “whole selves” to work. Our Diversity Network hosts 18 active and distinctive Employee Resource Groups. Employees have access to Allyship resources, podcasts, an internal video channel, digital learning series and trainings, all focused on building and celebrating global diversity and inclusion. Corning has been recognized as a leader in this regard and has been consistently recognized as a national employer of choice.
Scope of Position:
- Provide facility equipment engineering (i.e. HVAC, CDA, clean room, water delivery systems, etc.) & project leadership in a corporate engineering group that supports all divisions within Corning Incorporated.
- Apply fundamental engineering principles to develop, design & resolve solutions to a variety of technical problems related to HVAC and facility mechanical systems & processes.
- Develop criteria and specifications for various facility equipment, systems & processes.
- Collectively work with division, process, plant & R&D resources on project teams.
- Develop, review & forecast capital & expense design, equipment & installation project costs.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of facility equipment design, build and installation. This includes the preparation of Statements of Work for RFQs, design reviews, vendor inspections, installation and commissioning.
- Deliver strong project leadership skills through the project initiation, planning, implementation and closeout phases.
- Develop project concepts, scopes, estimates, schedules, design, installation & startup documentation.
- Exercise sound judgment, solid engineering principles and utilize structured problem solving techniques.
- Lead, guide, coach & help develop internal Corning & contingent employees as well as external contractors.
- Actively work and participate in project teams in various roles and capacities.
- Effectively listen and communicate utilizing multiple channels and means.
- Heavy Travel (i.e. greater than 50%) can be expected, both internationally and domestically.
- Project assignments can be in excess of 1-2 years in duration.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Flexibility is required.
- Normal Business Hours (8 – 5, M – F): however, expected to work hours required to achieve objectives. Includes overtime, weekend and off-shift hours.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- EIT or PE License is desirable
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of engineering & professional work experience.
- Strong technical understanding of HVAC systems, clean rooms, CDA and water delivery systems.
- Able to apply HVAC & Mechanical engineering principles to concepts, designs, fabrication, installation, start-up and trouble shooting.
- Good, basic project management skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills. Understanding of the use of structured methods; such as, K-T (DA, PPA, RA), DESGN & DMAIC is desirable.
- Effective communication and presentation skills. This includes good interpersonal skills.
- Good ability to estimate and forecast cost and schedule.
- Proficient in MS Project & SharePoint.
- Experience with AutoCad and Solidworks.
- Professional Engineering Certification.
- PMI certification.
- Proficiency in Mandarin and/or Spanish
- Results oriented.
- Strives for excellence & high quality.
- Strong commitment and work ethic.
- Positive attitude.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Open, honest & trustworthy.
- Strong listening & communication skills.
- High degree of technical curiosity with a bias for purposeful action
- Approachable and a team player.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.