Department: Enterprise Facility Engineering
Post End Date: 08/17/2020
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Facility Engineering Maintenance Group Supervisor
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: TA
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Assist in providing support in each of the functional areas of Facility Engineering maintenance, including electrical/mechanical, refrigeration/HVAC or specialty trades. Assist in providing maintenance, repair and support to assigned service calls to gain knowledge and skills for career development within Facility Engineering. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in performing various preventive maintenance tasks and procedures with respect to buildings and equipment.
- Develop skills for troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Assist in performing component replacement.
- Maintain an accurate and organized inventory of parts.
- Operate equipment, vehicles, powered industrial trucks and aerial lifts safely.
- Drive independently on a daily basis to stores as assigned.
- Clean and maintain company service vehicles, if one is assigned.
- Orally communicate with store personnel regarding the proper use of equipment as it relates to repeat calls and overtime.
- Utilize company email system to send and receive messages.
- Properly complete all repair, labor, parts purchasing and usage documentation in a timely fashion.
- Comply with all department and company policies and procedures.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, high aptitude for standing and walking endurance, sitting while driving to various stores, lifting and carrying up to 70 pounds, pushing and pulling climbing ladders of various types, bending, squatting, and kneeling, and working in different temperatures inside and outside the store.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime when necessary
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- Experience reading schematics
- Vocational school education
- EPA Type 1 Certification
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None