Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Hours : Monday- Friday : 6 AM – 2 PM
About the Role:
The Equiptment Build Tech will perform a variety of routine tasks to ensure production quality standards are met. Under direct supervision, performs the setup of equipment, fixtures, components, cables, etc. for test. Performs some mechanical assemblies. Performs hand setups for AC and digital tests, recognizes failures and setup problems, and determines need for appropriate verification. Operates programmable AC auto-tests, samplers, real-time oscilloscopes, pulse generators, meters, power supplies and special AC test fixtures. Detailed instructions are given for all duties, and work performance is constantly checked
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Fully support the Quality Policy by building quality into all aspects of the incumbent's work and by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements (including but not limited to being current on all training requirements for the incumbent's position and documenting that training).
- Performs final assembly on all products.
- Operates and test non computer controlled devices.
- Troubleshoots all mechanical assemblies. Learn to troubleshoot electromechanical devices that exhibit problems per test specifications.
- Exhibits basic understanding of TPIs and product functionality.
- Train Product Builders as required.
- Follows procedures from SFP (Shop Floor Paperwork) and has knowledge of how MPI’s, TPI’s, drawings, etc. are used.
- Provides support for Capital Equipment Manufacturing, Repair Operations, Manufacturing Engineering and any other internal customer as required.
- Performs the testing of products during a tour, inspection or audit.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For In You:
- AA Degree or equivalent work experience in related discipline and 1+ years of related experience
- Proficiency with oscilloscope is required
- Experience diagnosing problems using basic troubleshooting skills on wide variety of products per test specifications.
- Understand and follow test processes and work instructions with application to general product knowledge and operation.
- Experienced with manufacturing and/or repair of medical device capital equipment
- Ability to interpret design sketches of complex and/or advanced electronic units
- Setting up, calibrating, and modification of complex test apparatus and/or devising complex test equipment and circuitry
- Knowledge of electronic layouts, components and circuitry assembly procedures
- Prior demonstration and commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to Quality System requirements in a regulated medical device environment.
- Broad knowledge of general technical concepts and practices in the field of electronics, including both hardware and software
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 468707