Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 80101 – Sanford, Maine, United States
Manage plant environmental and safety performance and compliance initiatives;
Ongoing effectiveness analysis of plant employee safety programs (e.g. lockout/tagout, machine guarding, contractor safety, hand safety, hazard communication and fall protection) and, as necessary, development and implementation of changes to said policies/processes;
Coordination of the industrial hygiene program, including training and sampling;
Execution of projects in the regards to safety & environmental compliance requirements;
Monitor contractor compliance in regards to site policy, as well as federal and state regulations;
Perform training of safety and environmental policy/processes;
Coordination of medical surveillance as required by various safety and environmental regulations (e.g. respirator use, hearing conservation requirements);
Coordination of plant security;
Coordination of environmental and safety audits;
Monitoring and assuring accurate recording of training compliance as required by state and federal regulations;
Local safety and environmental recordkeeping and reports.
Partner with plant leadership to ensure that FP&R activities are aligned with the site’s Capacity Growth Plan – Equipment Master Plan, Operational Strategy, Labor and People Strategy and Communication Strategies.
Develop and manage the continuous improvement systems as established by FP&R guidelines and standard by conducting regular data driven CI reviews, coordinating cross-functional evaluations of CI projects through ROI, Continuous Improvement Plans (CIP) and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) and manage CI project timelines to achieve optimization initiatives.
Identify training needs for the plant in the areas of process improvement, technical knowledge, problem solving, SOPs, SPI, PPMs, OPLs, etc.
Incorporate FP&R, GMPs, Visual Workplace, Lean Manufacturing and reliability engineering in CI planning and systems.
Lead the development of process improvements and optimization (throughput, yield, quality, and cost.).
Assist in achievement of plant KPI’s by working with Team Leaders to translate business needs into daily operations and create technical solutions.
Establish and maintain effective Key Performance Indicator (KPI) measurement and SPI’s for the plant, tracking and reporting tools, and establishes corrective action for continuous improvement.
Establish, maintain, audit and analyze Shop Floor data structure.
Ensure that annual FP&R self-assessments are conducted and the site action plan is updated.
Incorporate FP&R, GMPs, Visual Workplace, Lean Manufacturing and reliability engineering in CI, planning and systems.
Track performance & mass balances, and make recommendations for optimizing performance and quality.
Support plant and QA in identifying quality defects and driving resolution internally and with suppliers to improve material quality.
- Understands the technical requirements of Environment, Occupational Health and Safety (EOHS), Quality and Microbiology in factories and research facilities.
- Develops and drives strategies to ensure conformance to Quality, Microbiology and EOHS requirements.
- Understands and interprets governmental policies and regulations to ensure Colgate compliance with them.
- Influences governmental policies related to Quality where appropiate.
- Understands and communicates the business and financial consequences of not conforming to standards.
- Works with senior leaders to identify and provide the resources and guidance that will ensure implementation of EOHS and Quality systems.
- Develops networks to foster teamwork in the management of requirements and identification and implementation of best practices.
- Provides direction for improving safety, environment and quality conscious behavior in factories and research facilities.
- Leads by example and demands safe behaviors and awareness, sound environmental practices and commitment to quality.
- Understands own role and responsibility as well as that of others in implementing EOHS and Quality standards and guidelines.
- Communicates the need for and impact of EOHS and Quality standards.
- Establishes effective strategies for implementation of EOHS and Quality standards and regulatory conformance.
- Recognizes and acknowledges EOHS and Quality performance in sites and individuals.
- Takes corrective actions in a timely manner to mitigate potential EOHS or Quality incidents.
- Abides by facility Safety and GMP requirements.
- Proactive in self-assessing against corporate EOHS and Quality standards and govenmental regulations.
- Provides appropriate resources to achieve expected levels of EOHS and Quality performance.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field.
- At least 3 years of experience in manufacturing, including experience in EOHS.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law
Are you interested in working for Tom’s of Maine? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Empowering a naturally healthy life – for our family and yours – for over 45 years. When Tom and Kate Chappell moved to Maine and started making natural personal care products, they were guided by two simple philosophies.
• First, that it was possible to make effective personal care products that were free from artificial flavors, fragrances, sweeteners, colors and preservatives.
• And second, that businesses should be good corporate citizens working to care for the planet and communities. These same philosophies guide us to this day. Tom’s of Maine products – including toothpaste, deodorant, mouthwash, bar soap, body wash, lotions and lip balms – are sold across the United States and Canada. And because we are so committed to giving back, we donate 10% of our profits to charitable organizations, and our employees can use 5% of their paid time volunteering for causes they are passionate about.
Tom’s of Maine is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine and Colgate, please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.