Be at your best with an organization that equips you to do so. Whose people unite in making lives better. At Carilion Clinic, we help communities stay healthy and our region grow stronger through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach. As part of our team you can expect professional stability, strong technological resources, and the advancement potential of a regional leader.
Based in Roanoke, VA, we are an award-winning, community-based network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions. Explore how joining a regional leader can enhance your ability to learn, grow, and succeed.
The Environmental Tech II provides detailed housekeeping services to an assigned area and/or project area and cleans discharges and ancillary spaces. Serves as a preceptor for skills training and is a resource person to Environmental Technician I staff members.
1. Serves as a preceptor for facilitation and documentation of routine training and orientation of staff members. Acts as a resource person for other Environmental Services staff. Provides expertise in solving difficult cleaning problems and/or challenges.
2. Provides detailed housekeeping services in all assigned rooms and areas as specified in policies and procedures. Completes special projects as assigned in timely manner. Possess job knowledge of all areas and be able to work in fast paced and traumatic areas, such as ED, OR, L & D and special procedure areas, with ease.
3. Cleans, maintains and restocks Environmental Services equipment and returns to designated storage areas.
4. Follows proper guidelines when cleaning discharges or project rooms. Communicates with lead/monitor tech/nursing staff. Completes proper documentation for isolation cleanings. If using Tele-Tracking, may be required to monitor, logs beds in and out and use correct codes for rooms that are not ready to be cleaned.
5. Reports any safety defects or work hazards to site leader or manager.
6. Adheres to safety guidelines and regulatory compliance in using chemicals and equipment. Ensures proper disposal of waste materials.
Education: High school graduate or GED equivalent preferred but not required.
Experience: One year experience in the health care housekeeping field or experience within a similar industrial housekeeping setting required.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: None required. National Executive Housekeeper Certification desirable.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Must be able to communicate effectively and read written materials. Close attention to details essential. Must be capable of teaching both process and techniques to others. Must have the knowledge and ability to perform all types of cleaning tasks as an Environmental Technician I.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
CommUNITY: Working in unison to serve our community, our Carilion family and our loved ones.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 29737
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CSJH – Carilion Stonewall Jackson Hospital
Shift Details: Mon-Fri 2:30p-11p, every 3rd Sat. & Sun 11p-7a
This is Carilion Clinic …
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.