Role: Manager – Enterprise Risk Management
Location: AIB Group, 2 Burlington Road, Dublin 4
This role is being offered on a permanent basis.
Summary of role:
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is recruiting for a talented risk manager to help support and execute our growing risk management agenda. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team that in a measurable way can contribute significantly to the achievement of ERM and Group Risk’s agenda
Risk is an independent 2nd line function that monitors, controls and supports all risk-taking activities across AIB. As part of this, the ERM function is responsible for central risk governance and risk management activities. The objective of ERM is to help create a consistent, robust risk culture, providing a holistic view of all risks and ensuring we adapt an integrated risk management approach across the Group.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Carry out risk reporting, both internal to senior Executive and Board committees and external
- Complete risk assessments to evaluate the current and potential future risks facing the bank, and the actions the bank can take to mitigate these
- Establish the risk tolerance of the bank through the Risk Appetite Statement (RAS) and embedding a framework of limits and controls within the bank
- Maintain and develop the bank’s overall risk management and control architecture, including risk frameworks and policies
- Provide risk oversight of key subsidiaries and foreign branches
Due to the nature of the activities of ERM – a mixture of recurring activities, new initiatives and increasing regulatory demands – it is expected that the successful candidate will work across a number of these different initiatives. This will provide an excellent grounding across the core responsibilities of the ERM function and exposure to a wide range of senior stakeholders across the Group.
One of the key accountabilities of the role will be to develop successful and collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders across the Group to influence outcomes and ensure successful delivery.
Who are we?
We’re AIB. A strong Irish bank packed with purpose – to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. That goes for our employees too. We’re made of small teams where you have the chance to shine.
Why join us?
We are excited about how we have changed our focus. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customer and employees expect of a bank.
Does this sound like something that you want to be part of?
You will need to show us you have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in risk management, ideally but not necessarily in banking or financial services
- Experience of report writing, tailoring communications to senior audiences
- Proven ability to work to tight timelines, preparing information for senior audiences
- Understanding of developments within the business and regulatory and banking environment and broader economic environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and a proven track record of influencing/negotiation
If you feel you have what it takes, click apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information Donal O’Sullivan from the Talent Acquisition Team can help. You can contact her on 01-6416667 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
By when? Closing date is 1st November 2019