Apply early as this job may be filled at any time.
The Management Trainee (MT) Program is specifically designed to develop leaders that will drive the future of our organization. This program begins with a two-week orientation at our corporate headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. During this time, MTs receive a company overview, interact with company leaders, and develop skills for a successful career. Additional training will vary by department. With hard work, the desire to learn, and the ability to develop relationships, career opportunities are endless.
The Operations Management Trainee position is a leadership role at BNSF Railway. These individuals lead a diverse workgroup to safely and efficiently accomplish work assignments and goals that are in line with the company’s vision.
Relocation assistance may be provided to those who are moving more than 50 driving miles from their permanent residence.
Work Location: Kansas City, KS
Anticipated Start Date: January, June or September 2021
Salary Range: $69,000
Applicants will be notified via e-mail regarding potential interviews, testing, and hiring events for this position. Please check your e-mail on a daily basis.
- Telecom designs, builds, and maintains BNSF’s network across the deserts, plains, and mountains in all weather conditions to ensure BNSF’s customers and employees experience nearly flawless performance of the voice, video, data and drone infrastructure network.
- The team supports over 60,000 network devices deployed in 2700 locations across the BNSF service area. They also support over 120 dispatchers and two-way radio service on over 32,500 route miles connecting locomotives, high rail vehicles, on track work equipment, and hand held portable radios.
- Management Trainees have an opportunity to proactively contribute to focusing on helping insure high network availability and on time train performance by learning areas of support, planning, engineering and implementation across our network system.
Some concepts and tools we use:
- Basic data, voice, transport network design principles and technologies, TCP/IP and associated network architecture, IP routing & switching, UHF/VHF radio operation and maintenance, microwave transmission systems and Telephony design, implementation & certifications.
Additionally, qualified candidates must be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
- Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations.
- Demonstrate ability to complete tasks regardless of obstacles.
- Primarily an office environment with some field activities.
- Normal office hours, Monday through Friday, with weekend or evening work as required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- I have a 2.70 or higher cumulative GPA in an Engineering or Construction Management program OR a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA with a non-Engineering degree.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Construction Management or an Engineering program from accredited university to be completed prior to hire OR have obtained a degree within the past three (3) years.
- Less than three (3) years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDE internships or positions held while in high school or college.
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future.
- General understanding required of Information Systems, including knowledge of application development, database administration, business intelligence, personal computers, and/or local area networks.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Strong drive for results as well as superior communications and teamwork skills to be able to gather information to identify and resolve problems.
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages and tools such as Java, C/C++, .Net(C#), ABAP, HTML5 and/or COBOL.
- Experience in Cellular or Telecommunications related environment.
- Proven leadership experience and excellent oral and written communication.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Machine Learning, Computer, Network or Software Engineering, Management/Business Information Systems, Electrical Engineering OR any other Technical/Engineering related degree.
- Ability in any of the following is preferred: applications development, project management, mobile device development methodologies, database design, modeling, mining, data management, data warehouse concepts, network planning and engineering and voice/video systems.
If you have more experience and are interested in BNSF, we encourage you to take a look at our Experienced First Line Supervisor (EFLS) program or our professional jobs to find what most closely aligns with your skill set.
Relocation benefits may be provided for this position.
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Railroad Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Operations – Engineering | Kansas City, KS | 66106