Engineering Professional, Avionics-TOR04812
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering, Aerospace team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the high-performance Global 7500 business jet.
This role is part of the new Global 7500 aircraft product development team supporting the Final Assembly Line. You will be part of a dynamic Integrated Product Development team (IPDT) that is involved in all technical and production functions. In your role, you will implement optimal solutions which integrate the latest manufacturing technologies and processes for major aircraft structures and completions.
In your role, you will:
– Provide Avionics Engineering support to the Global 7500 Final Line Assembly.
– Witness system functional testing and conduct technical investigations on Avionics systems related issues, analyze and develop solutions/recommendations and reports. Disposition RFCs, RNCs, and Supplement 2s as required.
– Review functional test requirements and ensure translation into mature functional tests.
– Track and ensure successful implementation of systems installations and modifications.
– Work with the product development team to assist with technical proposal activities, including preparation of written material and presentations. Recommend and review design changes.
– Develop good working relationships with various departments within BA and with all suppliers.
As our ideal candidate,
– You have a Bachelor of Engineering Degree and eligibility for Professional Engineer registration. AME license is an asset
– You have experience in providing engineering support to a Final Line/ Production
– You have 3-10 years’ experience in aircraft Avionics systems (Navigation, Communication, Displays, EICAS, Data Concentration System, AFCS, Stall System, OMS, FDR, CVR etc.).
– You are Conversant with design, qualification and certification test requirements of Avionics systems
– You have flexibility to travel.
– You are Familiar with Part 25 certification requirements and advisory material.
– You possess strong integration skills, in both system partner management and system technical integration
– You are familiar with Microsoft Office software tools
– You have Strong communication skills, ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Mechanical Engineering
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 13.11.2019, 4:31:09 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing