Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we’re out to transform transportation logistics through technology, and our multimillion-dollar commitment to IT underscores its importance to our vision. As the Engineer, Software Engineering, you will be responsible for analyzing business problems, proposing software solutions, providing estimates and converting system designs and technical specifications into program code for moderately sized applications. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Design and develop new software by applying techniques of computer science, engineering and mathematical analysis; follow industry best practices, techniques and XPO standardized processes to deliver improved software solutions
- Evaluate and select process and logic patterns, programming language constructs, data storage methods and operating environment interfaces that effectively satisfy business requirements and quantifiable measures
- Collaborate with customer/carrier IT and operations analysts to deploy and implement solutions, and troubleshoot technical issues; lead the development team in deploying/implementing software solutions
- Introduce new industry standards and techniques that deliver improved software solutions; evaluate new technologies for inclusion in developed software solutions
- Certify the proper functioning and performance of software components using repeatable, reproducible and reportable software testing methodologies; support software infrastructure by identifying and diagnosing software failures
- Install and upgrade software development
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, MIS or a related technical field, or equivalent work or military experience
- 1 year of experience in IT solutions development with strong knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Experience using .Net Core, ASP.NET, C#, Entity Framework, LINQ
- Experience in using and developing RESTful APIs
- Experience in writing advance queries for Oracle, SQL Server or similar databases
- Familiarity with continuous integration and experience with version tools like Git, TFS and SVN
- Availability for periodic 24/7 on-call support as required by team’s rotation schedule
It’d be great if you also have:
- Experience with rapid programming, agile development, software patterning and refactoring techniques
- Experience with Microsoft BI technology platforms, including SSRS, Java Script, Python and building SSRS reports and dashboards, business-oriented analytical data models, and SSAS tabular analytical models
- Experience working with large volumes of data and data warehouse concepts
- Knowledge of operating environment technologies (network, server, operating systems, database systems)
- Ability to apply understanding of functionality of event-driven business models
- Expert knowledge using SQL language; solid knowledge of IT software development life cycle methodologies and processes
- Master’s degree
- Leadership and project management training, or equivalent experience
- Experience in logistics and/or transportation management and business analysis
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.