Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 37757
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This job is a member of the Information Technology Team within the Information Technology Division.
- Designs, engineers, and deploys systems at American Airlines data centers to backup servers using NetBackup and Data Domain products. Additionally, coordinates with managed service providers to ensure quality backups in our managed data centers.
What you’ll do
- Designs, engineers, and deploys systems at American Airlines data centers to backup servers using NetBackup and Data Domain products
- Integrates backup environment with other software platforms throughout the organization
- Works with both centralized and remote backup architecture
- Collaborates with project managers, other engineers, architects, administrators, and customers to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Develops documentation for requirements, architectural designs, engineering drawings and diagrams, as well as operational policies and procedures
- Develops and documents best practices for system installation, deployment, and operation
- Manages technology proof of concept selection criteria, evaluation, and testing
- Explores and stays abreast of new technologies that can bring value to the organization
- Encourages an environment of sharing and team work among the project teams
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years of experience as a systems or infrastructure engineer, including backup engineering
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 5+ years of experience as a systems or infrastructure engineer, including backup engineering
- 3+ years of experience with NetBackup, Data Domain, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Ability to analyze complex problems and implement solutions and/or workarounds
- Experience in DevOps Toolchain methodologies, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server – Release 6
- NetBackup 7.6
- DD Boost for Oracle RMAN on Linux, Solaris, and Windows
- IBM tape libraries TS3200 and TS3584
- Quantum tape libraries I40 and I80
- Data Domain appliances DD7200, DD2500, DD620, DD160
- Data Domain DLM1020 for use with IBM mainframe platform
- VMWare and NetApp backups
- ITIL and ITSM models
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge
- Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices
- Proficiency in Agile project management methodology, specifically within the infrastructure area
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 37757