Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 32465
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Information Technology Team, within the Information Technology Division. This Systems Engineer will be a member of the Cybersecurity Engineering team in Cybersecurity & Technology Risk Management and will assist various teams with the delivery of infrastructure for their services and applications. Expertise in Windows 2012, 2016, IIS /.Net as well as Solaris/Linux, and Java platforms is required. A good understanding of Windows GPO/OUs and other policies required. Windows SQL Server, Oracle and VMware ESX experience also a must. The candidate must also have solid experience with enterprise level concepts. Knowledge should include but not be limited to: high availability, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, multi-pathing for HBAs and NICs, clustering at the OS level, load balancing, virtualization and SAN/NAS technologies. Basic network trouble shooting skills is also essential. This candidate should also have a sound understanding of how to integrate with LDAP, AD as well as the ability to identify other security requirements.
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
- Develops and documents best practices for system installation, deployment, and operation
- Translating business needs into actionable deliverables
- Will work with engineers and analysts to capture requirements for enterprise projects and identify the enterprise infrastructure services required.
- Contractual analysis of enterprise infrastructure services for projects
- Generating estimations of project and operating costs and delivering to business groups for funding
About The Job (Continued)
- Creating documentation for requirements, architectural designs, engineering drawings and diagrams, as well as operational installation (runbooks) to deliver infrastructure services for projects
- Designing and documenting infrastructure environments in coordination with other infrastructure and application teams to ensure the system is secure, highly available, and scalable
- Collaborates with project managers, other engineers, architects, administrators, and customers to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Working with other enterprise infrastructure teams to deliver enterprise services to the businesses
- Working with service providers of data centers to deploy new solutions
- Managing multiple projects, working in collaboration with a diverse group of business and technology partners to identify and analyze project requirements
- Explores and stays abreast of new technologies that can bring value to the organization
- Manages technology proof of concept selection criteria, evaluation, and testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years of experience as a systems or infrastructure engineer, including backup engineering
- Demonstrated expertise with enterprise infrastructure technologies such as high availability, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, multi-pathing for HBAs and NICs, clustering at the OS level, load balancing, virtualization and SAN/NAS, and basic network knowledge
- Capability to lead both technical and non-technical discussions
- Experience with Data Center managed service providers
- Strong ability to troubleshoot issues and coordinate teams to resolve root cause
- Ability to manage stressful situations and adapt to changing environments
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
- Ability to analyze complex problems and implement solutions and/or workarounds
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge
Required Qualifications (Continued)
- Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices
- Proficiency in Agile project management methodology, specifically within the infrastructure area
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 5+ years of experience as a systems or infrastructure engineer
- 3+ years of experience with Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels within the organization
- Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
- Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
- Excellent team player and willing to share knowledge and cross train team members
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 32465