Job Title: Electrician – 1st Shift
Department / Company: Facilities Maintenance / Amway
Location: Buena Park
What’s special about this job:
Our Facilities Department in Buena Park is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility related equipment as well as production related equipment. The Facilities team is comprised of over 15 highly qualified Skilled Trades employees. As an Electrician on the team, your focus will be on performing preventative maintenance, diagnosing maintenance issues, performing repairs, and being involved with installations and adjustments for both facility and production related equipment.
How you would contribute to the role:
In this role, you will report to the Facilities Maintenance Group Leader on 1st shift (6:00 am to 4:00 pm), on a Wednesday through Saturday shift. You will have numerous responsibilities – from diagnosing malfunctions, to repairing equipment, to performing preventative maintenance, to finding root-cause solutions to problems. You will work with electrical systems, conveyors, automated high speed doors, hydraulics, compressed air systems, as well as switchgear, transformers, distribution panels, control and alarm systems. This role may require scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- Journeyman Electrician’s license through the state of California with 5 years’ experience
- High School diploma
- Knowledge of PLCs and PLC control applications
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance, installations, diagnose and correct problems with manufacturing and facilities equipment.
- A willingness to maintain and advance skill level through personal effort and training.
- Strong attention to detail/safety and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
If you can see yourself as part of this collaborative environment, visit our web site to apply: www.amway.jobs