Job Req ID: 206554
Position Number: 00169227
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Mon – Fri 8a-5p
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Cardiology – Pediatric
Location: SHVI MCP – Pcard
Location Details: Sanger Heart & Vascular MCP
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Independently performs and provides timely preliminary report of findings on patients including premature infants, neonates, children, adolescents and adults referred for evaluation of suspected or known congenital heart disease.
Sanger Heart & Vascular MCP – Pediatrics is part of Atrium Health Levine Children's.
- Performs echocardiographic procedures of common congenital heart diseases according to standards set by the Pediatric Echocardiography Laboratory and consistently achieves accurate, quality information while following procedural guidelines and protocols.
- Independently obtains image and Doppler information required to define complex congenital heart disorders for patients referred for evaluation of non-corrected anatomy and function and/or evaluation of surgical reconstruction or repair, or placement of prosthetic devices using echocardiographic modalities such as: 2D, Color Flow, Doppler and TDI.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of equipment necessary to perform echocardiograms. Documents when standards and protocols cannot be followed.
- Confirms all physician requests and secures and always evaluates patientï¿½s clinical history for proper clinical indicators for procedure requested. Collaborates with attending physician and supervising physician to ensure quality patient care.
- Assists in the coordination and participation in Outreach services.
- Prepares and delivers preliminary reports an appropriate manner and informs appropriate personnel of significant findings.
- Attends departmental and interdepartmental meetings as required.
- Participates in accreditation process including quality assurance, ranging from collection of data to implementing process improvement
- Assists in preparation of echocardiography materials for case conferences, CQI meetings, research and educational presentations upon request.
- Attends educational presentations of journal articles or attendance to clinical based workshop as needed.
General hospital environment with possible exposure to infectious/contagious disease and hazardous materials. Environment is climate controlled. Light to moderate physical requirements with frequent walking, standing, stooping and reaching. Lifting of up to 50 lbs. of weight with assistance. Pushing and pulling of up to 25 lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Current and successful completion of BLS required. Diploma from an accredited school of ultrasound OR an Associate degree in a biological science and at least one (1) year of experience as a cardiac sonographer. Pediatric Echo by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) required within one year of employment. Ability to operate expertly the ultrasound equipment with specialized Cardiology software and a desktop computer is required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer