The NAPA Business Development Manager (BDM) is the primary contact for all assigned NAPA distribution centers within their area of responsibility, and primary contact for all NAPA jobbers and company owned stores serviced by their assigned distributions centers. To best serve the NAPA business in the assigned territory, this contributor should be centrally located within an area that typically spans multiple cities or states. This is a road warrior position that may require travel outside of the assigned area based on business needs.
- The NAPA Business Development Manager’s primary responsibility is to drive sales, profitability and awareness of Dorman Products through NAPA distribution, within the assigned territory, in support of business plan achievement.
- This contributor is expected to work with NAPA jobbers to optimize inventory/deployment within existing categories.
- The BDM will be responsible for maintaining relationships with NAPA division management, including, but not limited to the Division VP, Division Sales Manager, Division General Manager, Distribution Center Sales Manager, Territory Sales Managers, and Division and Territory Inventory Modelers to make sure that Dorman’s products are properly presented and promoted to each jobber.
- This contributor is expected to maintain regular contact with key NAPA jobber store groups and represent Dorman at any customer events. From time to time the BDM may also be asked to assist with pull through support such as sales/counterperson training, market blitzes and changeovers.
- In addition to the sales responsibilities, Dorman expects the BDM to be its eyes and ears in the field and proactively communicate any competitive risks, opportunities and new product Ideas back to corporate.
- These objectives should be accomplished within, or below, all budgetary constraints.
Dorman Core Competencies
- Time Management
- Decision Quality
- Results Driven
- Bachelor’s degree in business, automotive technology or a related field preferred, or 5+ years of applicable experience
- General understanding of common business practices and a high level of competency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Self starter that thrives in remote office environment.
- Skillful negotiator with excellent relationship building skills.
- Fact based competitive selling experience and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to travel 50% or more of the time, including weekend travel as needed
- Technical aptitude to continuously learn new products and general interest in automotive technology.
- Has experience and enjoys working in a fast paced environment
Capability to lift 50 pounds. Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach, swivel, carry items from one building to another, and speak and actively listen. Noise level is usually moderate.