Position Title: DISTRICT CHEF
Want to influence a generation? How about working in a place where you know you make a difference? Try one of our 4000 public and private school locations managed by Chartwells School Dining Services. That’s about 1.6 million young students we provide meals and food service for each day. Eat. Learn. Live exemplifies Chartwells’ promise and philosophy that nourishing students is not only our business; it’s our commitment to the communities in which we serve.
Working as a District Chef in our K12 sector, you are responsible for overseeing all culinary functions for multiple corporate dining accounts. You will support a team of associates and oversee all safety and sanitation as it pertains to the accounts.
- Supports multiple corporate dining accounts
- Teaches, trains and mentors chefs
- Responsible for driving innovation in all accounts
- Helps chefs manage cost controls and control expenditures for the account
- Teaches Chefs how to plan and create all menus
- Shows chefs in the region how to purchases and manage inventory
- Will bring up the skill level of chefs in the region
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with Company marketing and culinary team
- Develops and communicates strategies for improving customer experience
- Provides training programs to assure consistent, high quality food
- Culinary degree preferred
- A minimum of five years of culinary management experience is required
- At least two years of multi-site culinary management experience is required
- High volume production and catering experience is essential
- Previous experience managing cost controls
- Desire to learn and grow with a top notch foodservice company
Apply to Chartwells Schools today!
Chartwells Schools is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 385086