MAIN – Main Hospital Req ID: 27452
Employment Status: AF – Active – Regular – Full Time
The Distribution Operations Manager leads, supports, and directs various aspects of the Logistics Operation. Under the direction of the Director of Logistics, this role will directly manage CHOP’s freight program, courier services, mail services, and inventory and warehouse operations. The Distribution Operations Manager will work closely with the 3rd party logistics management team to identify and implement operational efficiencies, ensure processes are clearly defined and documented, and that staffing is adequate. This role will need to be able to balance and oversee numerous projects within the Supply Chain department as well as with key stakeholders.
Extensive leadership experience and the ability to identify and develop a strategy are essentials for this role. In addition, this role requires very strong communication skills and the ability to build collaborative relationships with the various clinical teams.
Must be detail, action, and results oriented. Must demonstrate mature judgment in managing responsibilities.
Other duties as assigned.
Responsible for daily operations and management of the outsourced staffing, assuring the accurate and efficient distribution of supplies and equipment to all internal hospital customers and across the ambulatory network.
- Overall architect of Materials Distribution managed inventory processes for the following areas: Storeroom, Pandemic, Perioperative, and Patient Care Par Inventory
- Oversight of all processes as they relate to Inventory Control, Distribution, Low Level Disinfection for durable medical equipment, and Receiving
- Works to resolve issues; oversees root cause analysis to continuously improve processes and services
- Develops and tracks metrics related to staff productivity, costs and customer satisfaction to drive to optimal efficiency
- Updates and optimizes processes as technology is updated, deactivated or replaced
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Responsible for all aspects of project management as it relates to Materials Distribution, Mail, and Courier services.
- Works directly with the Facilities Planning team to coordinate logistics needs as it relates to new construction and moves
- Coordinates efforts between the Inventory Control team, CHOPtimize, and Material Distribution Operations team for new product introductions, recalls, and substitutions
- Collaborates with the clinical teams and other support service departments to oversee logistics projects that improve processes that directly impact patient care as well as the patient/family experience
- Responsible for implementing best practices to manage medical and surgical supplies in perpetual environments, the storeroom, Par Excellence and the par inventories.
- Develop metrics to measure appropriateness and accuracy of inventory levels to avoid waste, obsolescence, loss due to expiration and to manage associated freight expenses.
- Conduct cycle counts to maintain inventory accuracy; perform assessment of variances to determine root cause.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
- Responsible to meet the equipment needs of the hospital for patient care equipment and internal patient transport equipment.
- Work with clinical departments, Central Processing Department and Biomed to keep equipment in good working order, and ensure all training material is current.
- Collaborates with clinical departments to define equipment needs.
- Develop plan for flexing to meet high volume demands.
- Oversee and identify ways to reduce spend related to equipment rentals.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare, or a related discipline
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in progressive management positions
Additional Technical Requirements
Expertise in Logistics and Inventory desired
Demonstrated ability to find innovative solutions to challenges
- Strong capability to balance multiple priorities
- Ability to manage through ambiguity
- Strong management and organizational skills
Ability to manage and develop a diverse team
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146