Come to work and be ready to think on your feet, grow your skills, and embrace the many opportunities. Our Distribution Centers are the key to getting new products out to TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. To keep up with our ever-changing inventory, we stay nimble and adaptable. No day is the same, and that’s just how we like it. Every shift is a new opportunity to Discover Different—and support each other along the way.
Posting Notes: Pittston || PA
Are You Ready To Uncover A Difference Side to Finance?
How does becoming one of the brains behind a unique off-price business model sound? Then you’re ready to Discover Different. The Distribution Center – Finance Internship Program will give you the skills and experience to jumpstart your career within our TJX Global Network.
Distribution Centers Basics: It’s All About The flow.
The TJX Distribution Centers are the hubs of our worldwide logistics operation. Our DC Leadership Teams are comprised of entrepreneurial problem solvers who are responsible for millions of units in inventory, developing creative plans to optimize the flow of merchandise, and above all, engaging and inspiring their teams. Being a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, TJX relies on our Distribution Centers to run efficiently and effectively in order fuel our growing multi-billion-dollar businesses.
The Opportunity: Learn. Analyze. Collaborate.
As a Finance Intern at one of our Distribution Centers nationwide, you will Discover Different from day one—playing an active part in the daily operations of a multi-million-dollar distribution center. For 12 weeks during the summer, you will join our D/C Finance team and receive robust training and development through a mix of classroom learning, on-the-job training, and ongoing mentorship from your leadership team. Finance touches every part of our business. Financial strength helps us to be agile, adaptable, and ultimately, to grow the business. That’s where you come in.
Through this internship, you’ll have the opportunity to:
· Learn how to plan and balance and forecast a financial budget for a multi-million dollar operation
· Actively participate in directing daily operations of a specific function within the Distribution Center
· Learn from and shadow TJX finance and distribution leaders
· Gain exposure to the full lifecycle of our off-price business model
· Participate and contribute in process improvement initiatives
· Provide insights and consult with business stakeholders and leaders
You’ll also have the opportunity to work on a process improvement project and give a final presentation to Distribution executive team members upon the completion of your internship.
Who We Are Looking For: It Just Might Be You.
Ideal candidates will be strong, curious leaders with a keen eye for process optimization and team leadership. At TJX, you will grow your leadership and operational talents and put them to use as part of a collaborative team working towards executing, delivering, and achieving business goals and objectives. We are looking for natural leaders who never stop looking for efficiencies, improvements and new ways to motivate a team.
Specifically, we’re looking for:
· Rising Juniors and Seniors currently enrolled in a 4-year degree program
o Finance / Accounting / Business majors preferred but not required
· Strong analytical thinking and complex problem-solving skills
· Proven leadership experience, team collaboration and strong communication skills
· The confidence and flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
· An entrepreneurial drive and business acumen
· Ability to have direct, candid, and productive conversations around performance
· Ability to work a flexible work schedule depending on business needs
Post Internship: We’ve Got Big Plans For You.
High performing Interns may be offered one of multiple opportunities upon successful completion of their internship experience:
· Return for a second Distribution Operations summer internship
· Join us in a full-time role through the Distribution Leadership Program upon graduation
Come Discover Different at TJX—we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. We move a lot of inventory—at all times of the day—and that takes working, learning, and growing together. When you’re a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit team in our Distribution Centers.
As you think about where to work, know that we take care of our people. We offer competitive pay and great benefits. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Pittston || PA