Work Schedule/Days: Variable / Monday – Friday; Variable
Employment Type: PRN
Location: Scottish Rite
Requisition #: 53448
Serves as the scheduler/dispatcher for the Interpreting and Translating Services department. Performs clerical/administrative duties to support department operations and efficiency.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No professional certifications required
- Experience in managing high call volume
- Experience in healthcare
- Experience in customer service
- Proficient in healthcare terminology
- Bilingual English/Spanish
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Ability to problem-solve and manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced setting
- Must interface exceptionally well with professional and ancillary staff and customers
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Exceptional instruction and organizational skills with an attention for details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Remarkable listening and clarification skills
- Good judgment
- Able to deal with a high-volume workload
- Ability to assess workload and prioritize
- Highly self-motivated
- Moderate to superb personal computer/Microsoft Office skills, including word processing, databases, and spreadsheet software
- Serves as the central scheduling resource for on-site Spanish interpretation.
- Serves as a central scheduling and monitoring resource for contract interpreter needs.
- Works cooperatively with other departments, schedulers/requestors to promote and maintain efficient interpreter services and processes.
- Maintains Interpreting Services databases and relevant communication equipment.
- Assists department leader with staff scheduling.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Standing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Walking – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
No potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Administrative/Clerical Supp – Administrative/Clerical Supp