Director Workplace Management-Distribution Centers (DC’s)
Area: NAM/LAM DC Facilities Management Global HR
Direct Reporting Line: Sr. Director Workplaces
Indirect/secondary reporting line: none
Subsidiary/country: adidas AG / Americas
GSMS Grade: M2
Number of Personnel Managed: 20+ internal / 200+ External
Cost Center/Budget and/or Revenue Responsibility: up to EUR 100M
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The Director Workplaces Management – D.C.’s, is responsible for the strategic and conceptual development and operation of the assigned service areas of the adidas locations in Latin America and North America (NAM/LAM) Regions. This role will set the highest standards for the operation of Corporate facilities and generate “best practices” as leading example for other sites.
- Lead various tasks with high complexity and regional / functional responsibility that require in-depth operational experience in the respective area.
- Lead, create, manage and deliver consistent, first-class facility management service standards (technical and infrastructural FM) of the adidas locations in the region within the agreed budgets, schedules and scope, focusing on experience, expectations and our customer’s (our departments and employees) requirements regarding the best work environment for adidas employees.
- Full ownership of the effective operation and continuous development of building system procedures and programs including maintaining accuracy and support of the “integrated management system” (IMS).
- Identify and manage relationships with key stakeholders and build a broad network that integrates relevant departments within Workplaces and adidas to implement and embed organizational changes.
- Lead, create, manage and deliver measures and structures for the consistent improvement of the "Employee Experience" through the effective management of all service providers and internal stakeholders.
- Creation and compliance with regional performance indicators (KPIs) and service level agreements (SLAs) related to all facility and employee experience operations.
- Develop and manage annual operation budgets for all service areas in close partnership with relevant business financial controller. Ensure accurate forecasts and effectively communicate risks and opportunities to leadership.
- Actively lead critical Materials Handling Equipment external partners to insure efficient, maintained and operational MHE. Develop/evolve internal and external partners creating a structured and sustainable MHE operational excellence.
- Ensure efficient operations of all service areas, proactively identify opportunities for cost savings. Accountable for managing and insuring accurate invoicing from service providers. Optimize financial, facility management processes and accurate/timely reporting insuring accurate quarterly and annual forecasts.
- Develop and implement process related to internal corporate employee moves and workplace environment changes driven by business requirements and workplace evolution.
- Lead D.C. facility/site security management. Develop and implement site security operational standards in partnership with Global Security leadership. Ensure Health & Safety requirements and reporting are in accordance with the applicable laws and guidelines and minimizing possible risks.
- Manage, coach, develop and train team members, input into performance reviews, provide feedback and allocate work considering complexity and experience level.
- Drive team performance through setting clear expectations and priority management.
- Foster team behaviour that drives learning and continuous improvement.
- Ensure good and reliable cooperation between the individual teams.
- VP Workplaces
- adidas employees
- Workplaces regional operation leaders
- Workplaces global teams
- Respective business functions (GOPS, Finance, IT, Brands, Sales, Security, …)
- External suppliers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to drive continuous strategic and conceptual improvement with end to end mindset.
- Ability to provide a clear framework for the work of team members / project teams
- Ability to coach, lead internal teams and key stakeholders
- Proactive and impact-oriented way of thinking e.g. transfer ideas into reality
- Ability to think through challenges with a global perspective, think globally, act regionally
- Excellent communication skills including impactful presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to deliver effective written and formal communications at all levels in corporate environment.
- Proven abilities to deliver results with tight deadlines and deal effectively in pressured situations.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment with different international cultures
- Business mind-set: Strong numerical and analytical skills, experience in finance
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of controlling systems and integrated workplace management systems (IWMS)
- Focus on service and customer satisfaction, leadership / leadership culture
- Motivated, proactive and innovative implementation of corporate goals
- Project management, quality management and purchasing experience
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree with a focus on facility management, hotel management, industrial engineer, economics or related fields or equivalent combination of training and experience
- At least 10 years of professional experience in the field of facility management, hotel management or equivalent
- Experience in medium to large project or program management
- Experience with Materials Handling Equipment operations / management
- Proven knowledge of reactive and preventive maintenance and repair of buildings, technical building equipment, infrastructure as well as storage and conveyor technology
- At least 6 years of experience in leading large teams in the areas of maintenance, plant security, catering, services and fleet management
- Spanish language skills a plus