Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
In this role you will focus on Virtualization Products, mainly VMWare in close collaboration with our platform engineering team. Your primary role is that of a technical strategist and evangelist to shape and deliver on a strategy that builds mind share and broad use of Infrastructure as a service across the partner community. You will enable the transformation of infrastructure into a fully automated, service-oriented, software defined environment
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution.
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required. Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements.
- Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited.
- Actively maintains recognised expert level knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms.
- Provides definitive and expert advice in their specialist area(s).
- Oversees the provision of specialist advice by others, consolidates expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives.
- Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organisation.
- Monitors the external environment to gather intelligence on emerging technologies.
- Assesses and documents the impacts, threats and opportunities to the organization.
- Creates reports and technology roadmaps and shares knowledge and insights with others.
Systems development management
- Defines systems development projects which support the organisation's objectives and plans.
- Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate systems development methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Ensures that senior management is both aware of and able to provide the required resources.
- Facilitates availability and optimum utilisation of resources.
- Monitors and reports on the progress of development projects, ensuring that projects are carried out in accordance with agreed architectures, standards, methods and procedures (including secure software development).
- Develops road maps to communicate future development activity.
- Takes technical responsibility across all stages and iterations of software development.
- Plans and drives software construction activities.
- Adopts and adapts appropriate software development methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Measures and monitors applications of project/team standards for software construction including software security.
- Contributes to the development of organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for software development.
- Adopts and adapts appropriate systems design methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches, and ensures they are applied effectively.
- Designs large or complex systems. Undertakes impact analysis on major design options and trade-off.
- Makes recommendations and assesses and manages associated risks.
- Reviews others' systems designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology.
- Ensures that the system design balances functional and non-functional requirements.
- Contributes to development of systems design policies and standards and selection of architecture components.
- Provides expert guidance in the selection, provision and use of database and data warehouse architectures, software and facilities.
- Provides specialist expertise in the design characteristics of database management systems (DBMS) or data warehouse products/services.
- Ensures that physical database design policy supports transactional data requirements for performance and availability.
- Ensures that data warehouse design policy supports demands for business intelligence and data analytics.
- Coordinates and manages planning of the system and/or acceptance tests, including software security testing, within a development or integration project or programme.
- Takes responsibility for integrity of testing and acceptance activities and coordinates the execution of these activities.
- Provides authoritative advice and guidance on any aspect of test planning and execution.
- Defines and communicates the test strategy for the project.
- Manages all test processes, including test plans, resources, costs, timescales, test deliverables and traceability.
- Manages client relationships with respect to testing matters.
- Identifies process improvements, and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
Systems integration and build
- Identifies, evaluates and manages the adoption of appropriate tools, techniques and processes (including automation and continuous integration) to create a robust integration framework.
- Leads integration work in line with the agreed system and service design. Monitors and reports on the results of each integration and build.
- Designs and builds integration components and interfaces.
- Contributes to the overall design of the service and the definition of criteria for product and component selection.
- Contributes to development of systems integration policies, standards and tools.
- Leads a team, providing expert technical knowledge in the systems testing of platform-specific versions of the software products, on varying platforms.
- Provides specialist guidance information to support, systems testing and quality assurance functions to assist in improving procedures.
- Provides advice, assistance and leadership associated with the planning, design and improvement of service and component availability, including the investigation of all breaches of availability targets and service non-availability, with the instigation of remedial activities.
- Plans arrangements for disaster recovery together with supporting processes and manages the testing of such plans.
Service level management
- Ensures that service delivery meets agreed service levels.
- Creates and maintains a catalogue of available services.
- In consultation with the customer negotiates service level requirements and agrees service levels.
- Diagnoses service delivery problems and initiates actions to maintain or improve levels of service.
- Establishes and maintains operational methods, procedures and facilities in assigned area of responsibility and reviews them regularly for effectiveness and efficiency.
Release and deployment
- Leads the assessment, analysis, planning and design of release packages, including assessment of risk.
- Liaises with business and IT partners on release scheduling and communication of progress.
- Conducts post release reviews.
- Ensures release processes and procedures are applied and that releases can be rolled back as needed.
- Identifies, evaluates and manages the adoption of appropriate release and deployment tools, techniques and processes (including automation).
- Manages capacity modelling and forecasting activities.
- Pro-actively reviews information in conjunction with service level agreements to identify any capacity issues and specifies any required changes.
- Provides advice to support the design of service components including designing in flexible and scalable capacity.
- Works with business representatives to agree and implement short- and medium-term modifications to capacity.
- Drafts and maintains standards and procedures for service component capacity management.
- Ensures the correct implementation of standards and procedures.
- Identifies the communications and relationship needs of stakeholder groups.
- Translates communications/stakeholder engagement strategies into specific activities and deliverables.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
- Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding.
- Facilitates business decision-making processes.
- Captures and disseminates technical and business information.
People Management / Resource Management:
- Supports resource planning and may have full responsibility in recruiting process.
- Implements resource plans, including conducting recruitment interviews.
- Facilitates selection, assessment and on-boarding processes, and internal resource allocation.
- Contributes to transitioning of resources, complying with relevant statutory or external regulations and codes of good practice.
- Ensures appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 10 -year experience in IT
- 7 years of experience in relevant area
- 5 years of experience in team management including professional
- International Experience – ideally working abroad and mobile in leadership roles for multiple years and has functional/market experience in projects with a local/global perspective
- Participated in a global project execution/ significant contribution to local/functional project