Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
• Building a strong production planning function for the respective region by establishing best practice processes as well as driving planning process harmonization across LOs. Support CTN strategy in regards to all planning related topics. Manage strategic planning related projects and drive implementation across the respective region.
• Lead the LO/vendor management in capacity & fill rate management, KPI performance monitoring/tracking through a proactive approach to delivery and performance issues with the overall objective to maximize finished goods availability/on time order fulfilment.
• Responsible to work across all brands, factories and merchandising teams to consolidate information in support of the overall sourcing strategy.
• Manage, develop (incl. succession planning) and direct a medium to large sized team of manufacturing leads to ensure a high degree of finished goods availability through timely resolution of production issues
• Define and set the standard of all planning related processes for Los/OCs, in-line with global guidance.
• Support definition and drive implementation for key strategic projects in support of “Creating the New” (30/45 Standard Buy, Speed Models, Integrated Business Planning, etc.)
• Be the key contact within the LO for certain supply chain initiatives (Speed Models, GPS and TradeCard/GT Nexus systems, etc.)
• Drive process harmonization across the region and other LO’s by establishing best practice processes and managing implementation in the region and other LO’s
• Supplier Strategy/Allocation:
o Act as the key contact for the region for POPs Ops/Strategy HKG to manage seasonal development/production allocation process by facilitating communication between POPs Ops/Strategy HKG and DOMs.
o Work with POPs Ops/Strategy HKG to ensure sufficient capacity/capabilities are available to support regional development/production allocation process
• FC/Order Management:
o Enforce that forecasts/orders follow standard (system) processes and are passed on to T1’s in a timely manner
o Manage order confirmation process according to deadlines as well as ensure that most updated delivery status and delay information is accurately maintained in system
o Proactively manage identification of availability risks/improvement opportunities as well as creation and execution of respective corrective action plan to address these. Drive improvement in key metrics (SDP, PDP, MDP, Speed share, etc.) with a pragmatic business mindset.
o Be accountable for managing PO as well as product transfers according to transfer SOP incl. system updates
o Drive planning related communication and improvements between T1/T2s to enhance material availability and between T1s/3PLs to enhance product hand-over.
• Provide and communicate consolidated Performance Overview for respective region/factories and address performance issues accordingly
• Create and own/support new initiatives to find new ways to level load and create manufacturing efficiencies within the sourcing organization
• Support VPs / Senior Director of Apparel to ensure all suppliers achieve excellence in planning by having the right people, processes and tools
• On-boarding: Responsible for factory start up process incl. documentation as well as terminations
• Act as point person for GSP, POPs Ops/Strategy HKG to ensure communication is directed to appropriate regional LO teams/contacts
• Provide training support to operations teams and suppliers on policies and systems such as GPS, ILA and other systems pertaining to planning, ordering/tracking, documentation and invoicing.
• Manage and develop the team and role model the adidas Leadership Framework
• VPs / Senior Director Apparel
• DOMs, Manufacturing- and Product Creation teams
• Manufacturing Excellence
• Global Supply Planning
• Transport & Logistics
• POPs S&P teams
• POPs Ops/Strategy HKG
• Quality Apparel
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Proven success in manufacturing environment with good knowledge of the Sporting Goods industry
• Excellent communication, intrapersonal and presentation skills
• Strong analytical and negotiation skills
• Expertise and experience in project management
• Highly proficient in MS Office skills (incl. MS Access) and expertise of internal systems; TradeCard/GT Nexus, GPS, MSTR
• Proven ability in leading and developing individuals and teams
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
• Diploma or degree in Business or Manufacturing, or equivalent combination of education and related work experience in the Footwear/Apparel field.
• Minimum 8 years progressive work experience in the field of planning / footwear/apparel and supply chain management.
• Experience in managing projects on a regional level across multiple countries/LOs
• Proven track record in the management of supply chain initiatives on a regional level across multiple countries.