CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Develops and ensures attainment of new sales/revenue and margin growth for global accounts which contribute to the company’s bottom line. Staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the assigned area, and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for customers and Account Directors.
- Formulates account strategies to grow the business and the relationships within large accounts. Develops new business opportunities with partner companies with complementary technology.
- Builds a high performance team; hires and retains the right talent in the right roles; sets goals, delegates work, holds reports accountable; develops and empowers direct reports to make decisions and take action. Demonstrates Company’s values, maintains a positive open demeanor, encourages different points of view, moves team forward through change; provides timely information; communicates context for business decisions; recognizes accomplishments; fosters teamwork and collaboration.
- Develops and maintains account plans and detailed financial forecasts. Conducts accurate sales forecasts, and achieves sales targets.
- Develops and executes sales plans such as sector strategies, hiring plans, territory management systems, and compensation plans.
- Supports and develops initiatives across Sales and the company primarily focused on sales productivity and efficiency. Expands opportunities into untapped product portfolios and develops sales propositions.
- Oversees and participates in programs that ensure the attainment of expense objectives, and will recommend programs to control and correct budget overruns.
- Owns several key sales support processes which may include opportunity and forecast management, the overall sales process, territory/customer-prospect module management and sales certification.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of applicable education and experience required; MBA or related graduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrated sales management experience (at least 5-6 years) in telecommunications sales and sales leadership experience.
- Business/financial background is helpful.
- Exceptional strategic planning, account management and contract negotiations skills required.
- Experience is consultative sales techniques and account planning (including account profiling, account positioning strategy, customer needs analysis, sales opportunity development, service improvement planning, and long range account management strategies.
- A track record for consistently exceeding revenue goals.
- Success leading and managing sales teams
- Proven ability to hire, manage, mentor and motivate successful, solution oriented sales teams.
- Strong record in developing and assigning geographic territories and customer/prospect modules.
Alternate Location: US-Pennsylvania-Norristown; US-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Requisition #: 214576
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.