Job Req ID: 646381
Position Number: 00153599
Employment Type: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Administration – Nursing
Location: CHS Stanly
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
The Director of Nursing Services is responsible for assisting with the oversight of daily operations of specified services within the clinical division. The Director of Nursing Services is responsible for the development and coordination of activities that promote clinically effective and efficient patient care. The Director provides leadership, guidance, and direction in achieving outcomes consistent with organizational mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives. The Director assesses, plans, coordinates, and evaluates the clinical and operational functions of nursing services to ensure quality, cost effective health care is provided by an educated and competent staff. The Director promotes a safe environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner. The Director maintains professional competency in the applications of the principles of management.
- Accepts organizational accountability for services provided to recipients.
- Utilizes transformational leadership in partnership with employees to develop goals and objectives consistent with organizational mission and philosophy.
- Guides strategic planning within service line and participates in strategic planning at the facility and system level.
- Participates in nursing and organizational policy formulation and decision-making involving staff, such as shared governance. Coordinates nursing care with other healthcare disciplines, and assists in integrating services across the continuum of health care.
- Assures that resource allocations are based on identified needs and current nursing benchmarking measures.
- Exhibits creativity and flexibility in current role, which allows for easy transition to respond to emerging problems, changes in practice or demand in the health care market.
- Evaluates and mentors a family/patient centered care environment to involve a holistic approach by involving patient/family in decision making and to evaluate the effectiveness of patient and family education and resources.
- Leads the development, implementation and continuous improvement of a professional practice model that meets or excels customer/client expectations by evaluation and assessment of patient satisfaction surveys and clinical outcome measures.
- Assures the development and implementation of an effective, ongoing program to measure, assess and improve the quality of care, treatment and services delivered.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
Work requires walking, standing, and sitting. Works in an office environment. Must be able to lift 35 pounds of weight. Intact sense of sight and hearing. Must be able to respond quickly in stressful situations. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Requires critical thinking and ability to concentrate.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Current RN licensure in appropriate state. MSN required. If undergraduate degree is BSN a masters degree from a health-related program or MBA is acceptable. Must have MSN if undergraduate degree is not BSN. Appropriate professional leadership certification required within 1 year of eligibility for professional certification exam. Previous leadership experience preferred. Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the nursing leader.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer