As the Digital Partnership Director you are responsible for the digital partner strategy and execution of top creators, such as Beyonce, across digital platforms as well as technology partnerships that create new revenue streams both on and off our channels. Resulting in bringing the adidas organization into the next frontier of technologies and experiences that will be critical to engaging our consumers and securing the digital leadership of our brand.
This role is driving key relationships, innovative ideas and fostering collaborative internal and external partnerships. This role will lead teams to identify, imagine, create, validate, and transition disruptive digital experiences that will solve significant challenges for our consumers, partners and adidas. Ultimately, these innovations will deliver significant financial and NPS results and create outstanding customer experiences at the boundaries of technical advancement.
Scope: Accountable for a wide innovation scope or focus
Each resource within the Digital Partnerships family might have a stronger focus on some of the following categories.
Research and Exploration
- Drive overall exploration, understanding and assessment of new business models, commercialization strategies, and needed partner execution strategies to support successful launches and deployments.
- Identify key consumer and technical trends and elevate opportunities and challenges that are specific to the adidas business to inform ideation and orchestrate impactful launches.
- Lead engagements with alternative innovation models including incubators, academic programs and accelerators.
Innovation Strategy & Roadmap
- Be a key contributor to the Digital Partnership strategy and roadmap.
- Be a key contributor to the ideation process, generating innovative and business relevant ideas, to represent and owning your area of expertise.
- Define and develop strategic partnership frameworks, commercialization strategies and organizational change management recommendations to support new models.
- Contribute to the prioritization process that will help determine quarterly and yearly priorities for research, projects and pilots.
- Formulate and deliver thought leadership material to appropriate stakeholders in Digital in order to inform strategy, ecosystem development, and product strategy
- Partner with key stakeholders to provide solution thinking in creation, prioritization, and validation of relevant hypotheses to solve consumer and brand challenges with new models.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams to identify, prototype, pilot and validate the value of consumer-facing innovations, collaborating with stakeholders in IT, Markets, Brand and Digital. Define key metrics for pilots and assessments that align with business goals.
- Lead execution of pilots including conception, implementation, measurement, orchestration of launches and in the case of ‘successful’ pilots, transition to the operational teams within product.
- Lead or accompany contracting processes for pilot purposes, involving all relevant parties to ensure adidas interests are protected in the course of co-development of innovative pilots and prototypes.
- Manage vendor and agency relationships from selection and negotiation throughout project implementation.
- Drive the creation of training materials for pilot transition to business operational ownership.
- Drive the creation of actionable reports recapping pilot performance for a diverse audience of internal business and brand partners.
Networking & Collaboration
- Identify and foster relationships with key players in the industry to position adidas as a partner for innovation and new commerce models.
- Build a network of internal and external partners to understand and connect the internal strategy with consumer and technological trends that will allow definition of pilot priorities.
- Develop, leverage and maintain a highly effective network of agencies, startups, digital leaders, and alternate innovation models (accelerators, incubators, matchmakers, etc) to augment the knowledge, skills, and capacity of the internal team to deliver on our innovation mission.
- Participate in relevant industry events and innovation labs as a speaker, panelist, and attendee to build a network and elevate adidas as a company that is invested in and pursuing innovation.
Innovation Process & Methods
- Lead innovation program development ensuring consistent and efficient ideation, prioritization, planning, implementation, and measurement of digital innovation pilots.
- Provide work management and collaboration methods and tools that support the innovation program and pilot process.
- Plan and optimize internal and external resources to ensure speed and quality of delivery.
- Allocate work considering complexity and experience level.
- Lead the user experience practice within digital innovation, inclusive of primary and secondary consumer research, trend mapping, and the design practice inclusive of agency selection and management.
- Formulate hypotheses to be tested and create rapid design prototypes to simulate experiences across multiple UI including desktop, mobile, and physical experiences.
- Lead UX of prototypes and pilots including user journey mapping, interface design and consumer testing.
Technical Assessments & Prototyping
- Lead assessment of the overall technical landscape to understand, identify and educate stakeholders about the emerging technologies that will be most impactful on adidas and our consumers.
- Lead technical assessments of potential partnerships or solutions, with the objective of understanding viability in the adidas environment.
- Create integration approaches for technical innovation, in collaboration with internal and external teams during pilot implementations.
- Initiate and lead rapid prototypes of ideas in response to innovation opportunities.
- Create a supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of data and team feedback and make appropriate changes in order to meet business needs.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and DBC objectives.
- Global DBC and Brand organizations
- Global and local Sales organizations
- Global IT and Global Operations
- Group functions
- External startups, agencies, and key innovation leaders
- Concept to Consumer
Education & Professional Experience
- Ideally Master's degree in Business, IT or related field.
- +10 years of experience in a combination of IT and Business eCommerce experience.
- Proven experience in managing global projects
- Track record of building and developing highly engaged and productive cross-functional teams.
- Experience in establishing a new practice in an organization
- Experience in agile/SCRUM execution
- Experience in leading a team is a plus
- Passion for innovation and proven ability to deliver this through a global organization
- Ability to drive small & large teams to solutions on production and project issues, including teams of internal business customers and external vendors.
- Excellent problem solving skills – able to identify, analyze and propose solutions to various consumer, technical and business issues
- Excellent presentation skills: specifically, the ability to create, plan and deliver presentations to technical and nontechnical audiences as well as senior leadership
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to internal and external clients and vendors, both verbally and in writing
- Action-oriented with the ability to multi-task and discern priorities.
- Deep understanding of end-to-end digital experiences, processes and platforms
- Expert knowledge of underlying processes and applications e.g. eCommerce, ERP, Omnichannel
- Fluent in English both verbally and written