As a Director Digital Creative at adidas you are accountable for the delivery of digital creative concepts and solutions. You lead a cross-functional creative team of Creative Managers, overseeing Designers, Copywriters, and a pool of free-lancers and agencies. You are accountable to lead and supervise everything from large campaigns or in-season activations to ecom content, following the brand direction, style guides and tone of voice policies for adidas. You are responsible for influencing a regional community of local designers by providing creative direction, enabling responsive and effective direct marketing communications worldwide.
Scope: Accountable for all creative digital concepts and solutions and the digital creative direction
- Digital Creative Concepts and Solutions
- Lead the delivery of digital creative content & services for digital campaigns, projects and toolkits for BUs, Markets or Digital.
- Lead the creative direction for digital campaigns and creative concepts within your area of responsibility and implement the overarching Digital strategy.
- Drive the creation of digital creative concepts from ideation to final execution.
- Manage and monitor digital creative experts, freelancers and agencies ensuring efficient delivery.
- Manage the creation of digital creative guidelines and ensure their implementation through templates and toolkits, enabling global consistency and raising the quality of execution.
- Drive creative reviews and ensure the brand is represented consistently across all creative deliverables/solutions and is adhering to the brand’s direction.
- Ensure continuous improvements to elevate digital creative deliverables.
- Monitor and share latest digital technologies and digital creative practices and train the team on their application.
Creative Consultation & Collaboration
- Consult strategic stakeholders on digital creative and provide examples of innovative solutions that will allow creating new digital creative concepts.
- Present your creative concepts and solutions to strategic stakeholders and support your work with a clear rational and recommendations. Challenge stakeholders and business owners to ensure optimized solutions for consumer, business and the brand.
- Understand business needs and collaborate with the digital key briefers and partners, and Marketing teams to create effective digital creative solutions.
- Build the appropriate structure to be able to manage the respective organization effectively, identify and develop the future talents and create realistic succession scenarios for key positions.
- Ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level by creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of data and team feedback and make appropriate changes in order to meet business needs.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and DBC Digital objectives.
Education & Experience
- Ideally Master Degree with focus on Design and related areas
- 10+ years of experience as a Digital, Interactive and/or Visual Designer
- Experience working with brands developing creative solutions on a global level
- Experience in the design industry and ability to predict future trends
- Experience developing successful concepts and working in collaborative multi-functional teams
- 3+ years of experience in leading a team
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills, comfortable presenting complex topics to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely
- Business Mindset: Strong numerical and analytical skills, experience in finance
- Capacity to establish mid and long-term plans, drive execution and analyze results
- Consistency across designs while maintaining a creative approach
- Creative and energetic team player who has a passion for creative design & copywriting
- Strong ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships with the Group
- Affinity with the Brand Marketing content delivery needs, solutions and processes
- Excellent people management skills are required
- Expert knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- In-depth knowledge of Digital/Mobile Marketing
- Advanced knowledge of HTML & CSS can do and what’s possible to achieve
- In-depth knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Perfect English skills both verbally and written