Requisition Number: 38569
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Environmental Technologies segment manufactures ceramic substrates and filter products for emissions control in mobile and stationary applications around the world.
Role Purpose: Develop and execute the division's end-to-end supply chain strategy to support business objectives (Plan, Source, Deliver, Enable). Lead and drive improvements in Supply & Demand Planning, Procurement, Master Production Scheduling, Capacity and Inventory Management and Global Warehousing and Logistics in alignment with business, commercial and manufacturing operations functions. Leverage Corning corporate capabilities to enhance CET supply chain execution.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and initiate strategic plans to drive improvements in the end-to-end supply chain to meet/exceed customer expectations at optimal profitability
- Ensure effective Supply and Demand reviews and sub-process meeting for the S&OP process and final Management Business Review Plan.
- Coordinate with other division functions to implement global sourcing strategies focused on meeting quality and financial objectives.
- Define and implement actions to achieve an optimal supply chain network and asset utilization/flexibility and maximize profitability.
- Drive continuous improvement in processes via data monitoring such as compliance to plan and forecasts accuracy.
- Coordinate with other Corning division supply chain leaders via the Supply Chain Council to execute the Supply Chain Model, effectives assessment and talent development programs
- Ensure global compliance to regulatory and corporate policy
- Define, track and improve key performance metrics related to supply chain operation
- Ensure supply assurance and risk mitigation results.
- Total Division Cost to Serve
- Delivery Performance (Ship to commit / request)
- Global and shared objectives with business partners
- Inventory targets, turns and costs
- Functional Cost Management
- Supplier Performance (delivery, capability, cost, risk, category mgmt, etc)
- Compliance to plan at division and plant levels
Competencies (knowledge, skills and behaviors):
- Cross-Cultural Agility o Knows how to work the local culture o Is not afraid of committing to a course of action to get started
- Has the courage of his/her convictions o Understands the need for flexibility
- Won't let unresolved issues drift
- Engages in-country locals in dialogue about how to get things done
- Is willing to start something and adjust along the way
- Is not afraid to try something never done before
- Developing Direct Reports
- Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments
- Holds frequent development discussions
- Is aware of each person's career goals
- Constructs compelling development plans and executes them
- Influencing Business:
- Business Acumen
- Knows how businesses work
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization
- Knows the competition
- Is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Can effectively cope with change
- Can shift gears comfortably
- Can decide and act without having the total picture
- Isn't upset when things are up in the air
- Doesn't have to finish things before moving on
- Global Business Knowledge
- Understands business on a global scale
- Understands what works in many countries
- Understands what's different from country to country
- Understands global differences in customers
- Knows how capital flows and operates internationally
- Understands that different laws and regulations govern global business
- Is leering agile
- Understands that different approaches work in different places
- Strategic Agility
- Sees ahead clearly
- Can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately
- Has broad knowledge and perspective
- Is future oriented
- Can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods
- Can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans
- Financial Management
- Has a thorough understanding of a business unit's financial statements (profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow)
- Contributes to improved revenue and profitability through the use of strong financial management skills and knowledge
- Provides inputs, develops, and/or manages within financial plans (e.g. Project Plans, Forecasts, Budgets, Appropriation Request, Departmental Budgets, 5 year plans)
- Matrix Management
- Ability to manage multiple perspectives and priorities
- Ability to align objectives across multiple organizations
- Manages through conflicting interests and tradeoffs
- Works collaboratively
- Supply Chain Strategies and Plans
- Executes supply chain strategies across all levels of an organization
- Continually monitors the business environment and understands the impact of major changes on demand and supply profiles
Leadership: This role is a Level 4 role in Corning's Global Leadership Model continuum. Global Leadership competencies most pertinent to this role are:
- Champion Change and Flexibility
- Motivates the business to respond quickly to organization changes
- Builds support for change through clear and continuous communications
- Moves quickly and provides information or resources for deployment
- Sustains changes through communications, process integration and personal actions
- Communicate and Engage
- Listens actively to promote understanding
- Communicates with honesty, clarity, directness and awareness of different cultures
- Encourages different views and constructive disagreement to surface new ideas and resolve conflicts
- Expertly influences across boundaries through a broad network
- Establish Direction and Create Commitment
- Considers external trends to create goals and strategies in alignment with division priorities
- Involves others to gain commitment to vision, strategy and company values
- Creates strategies that focus on sustainable growth
- Focus on Customers
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and enthusiasm for current customer needs and future opportunities
- Represents customer requirements to the organization
- Ensures alignment of strategies, technologies and resources to create value for customers and other stakeholders
- Leverage Talent
- Ensures the selection and integration of talent
- Teaches and develops future leaders
- Holds other accountable for the selection, development and retention of critical (diverse and global) talent
- Addresses performance shortfalls
- Aligns talent so that an employee's full potential benefits the organization
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Master’s in Business Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain Certification
- LEAN or Six Sigma Certification or equivalent
Required Skills and Experience:
- 15+ years end-to-end supply chain leadership (Senior level) experience including plant manufacturing, planning, procurement, distribution network, supply chain systems (preferably across a region)
- Experience leading global teams, including matrix assignments
- Broad and deep people skills.
- Experience supervising functional units.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Corning's Supply Chain Model (Demand Planning, Sourcing, Supply Planning & Execution, Logistics, Network Planning and Contract Manufacturing)
- Experience across multiple businesses, division and/or technologies
- Global work experience – has worked across international regions among multiple cultures.
- Diverse experiences working in Manufacturing/Engineering leadership and/or project management roles, inside or outside Corning.
- Multiple experiences working in Corning businesses.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.