TEXT TO APPLY: You can now complete your entire job application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 387509.
Click here to learn more.
- We have an opening for a XXX position.
- Location: Note: online applications accepted only.
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Full time associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Unidine is seeking a Director of Business Development, who shares our values, wants to work with a team of great individuals, and who is committed to being part of our success. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the Director of Business Development will aggressively sell business to the senior living sector, generating leads and developing prospects, selling business to clients in the PA, NY, NJ, MD, DC region.
The successful candidate will share our values of excellence and integrity and will work with a sense of urgency, will listen to our clients and potential clients and understand their current and future dining needs. The Director of Business Development will educate prospects on the benefits of working with Unidine, clearly establishing the value of our services and how we are distinguished from our competitors – with our service, our culture and our commitment to fresh food and ingredients.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks:
- Sell business and meet financial quotas
- Develop a strategic business plan to direct the development of new business opportunities
- Prepares proposals, presentations and prospect communication as required
- Maintains prospect database of contacts and sales activity
- Travel extensively
Education and Experience:
- Ability to listen to clients, understand their needs and communicate effectively both with the client and within the organization
- Ability to build and foster relationships with individuals at all levels, being a true representative of the Unidine culture and brand
- Ability to understand financials and meet financial quotas
- In-depth knowledge of food service operations within the senior living industry
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Business Development role in the food service management industry
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office, Salesforce.com)
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets in the assigned sales territory
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Must live within assigned territory
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).