Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The mission of the role is to build the adidas brand as the best sports brand in China through maximizing innovative and inspirational brand exposure by recommending, planning and executing initiatives in Above-the-Line, Online and Mobile Media. He/she will achieve this mission by:
- Lead Chiba IMC campaigns
- Develop local adaption of campaigns
- Provide input and recommended on customer insights
- Lead to set campaign strategy across all platforms
- Lead China IMC campaigns: budget split, strategy, over-arching brief – campaign planning across media channel.
- Define the over-arching KPI for the campaign
- Lead the creation of the Brand Calendar for China: Launch date – Campaign – level (brand volume)
- Lead the final campaign debrief
Local adaption of campaign
- Brief APAC on the level of content required for China for each campaign
- Develop tools for local adaption of campaign for PR – KOL.
- Lead sell-in type of needs for China Trade Meeting: Trade Meeting show – sell-in tools.
- Work with research team to deploy the research strategy and gather key insights.
- Share key consumers, category and campaign insights to all the functional teams to enable better consumer and category understanding.
- Co-ordinate and work with DBA, Newsroom and CRM team to maximize existing data owned through DMP to determine key campaign strategy for Digital.
- Provides strong leadership for horizontal as well as vertical reports
- Sets performance plans with each direct report
- Plans include goals, key job responsibilities, competency development, measures, and follow-up activities.
- Reviews include goals, key job responsibilities, company values and competency development.
- Provides coaching & feedback to subordinates
- Ensures that direct reports set performance plans with subordinates
- Cooperates with superior & HR in all pay decisions regarding subordinates
- Generates a high level of teamwork between all Departments
- Implement a training and development plan for brand communication team
- Ensure team understand the role of marketing, and branding at adidas
- To some extent, actively participate in departmental level trainings and development initiatives and activities
- Through the internal communications team, communicate brand communication information and initiatives to entire company in a timely fashion
- Other job-related work assigned by supervising manager
- On time launch of campaigns
- Quality of recommended and executed initiatives to maximize brand and product exposure and are implemented at industry leading standards
- Improvement in our Brand Health KPIS (Brand momentum, Net Promoter Score, Spontaneous purchase intent, etc.)
- Integration of ideas with other disciplines
- Improved professionalism of the team
- Delivery on Initiatives identified by the Senior Management team
- Sell through target for related category
- Category Planning team
- APAC Brand Communication team
- Retail Marketing team
- Sports Marketing team
- Global Brand Communication Team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Manage Business (Processes and Projects)
- Manage and Develop People
- Result Orientation
- Ability to lead and InfluenceOthers
- Planning and organizing
- Strategic Acting
- Conceptual understanding of marketing as brand building tool
- A passion for and an understanding of the category along with the desire to translate the passion into building the adidas brand in the region
- Strong team player
- Very high level of integrity
- Communication skills, relationship management and empathy
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent creative/design/ art direction sense
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Ability to take calculated risks
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the advertising or communication dept. with an international brand
- Previous experience in advertising, PR, and Creative Services in China; Previous experience with media in China
- Knowledgeable about China sports and international sports/or fashion, lifestyle industry. An interest and desire to participate in and learn about sports i.e. a sports enthusiast
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Exposure – Sports, brand/category marketing, trade marketing
- Relevant China marketing experience, preferred
- University Degree or above. Preferably in a marketing or communications related discipline.
- Outlook – basic; Word – advanced; Excel – advanced; PowerPoint – advanced
- Fluent in English and Mandarin (written and spoken).
- Mandarin Chinese as native language preferred
- Passion for sports