CPS Energy is at the forefront of changing how people think about and use energy. Whether as one of the largest solar power developers in the country or by giving customers the latest smart energy solutions to better manage their energy use, CPS Energy is a leader in developing cleaner and smarter energy choices for our customers.
We are engineers, high line workers, power plant managers, accountants, electricians, project coordinators, risk analysts, customer service operators, community representatives, safety and security specialists, communicators, human resources partners, information technology technicians and much, much more. We are over 3,000 people committed to enhancing the lives of the communities we serve. Together, we are powering the dreams of our community!
The Digital Communication Project Manager will develop and execute effective strategies, comprehensive plans, compelling content, and success metrics for CPS Energy’s digital channels.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday, November 15, 2019
The Digital Communication Project Manager develops and executes effective strategies, plans, analysis, and recommendations in support of CPS Energy’s brand, program awareness, events, education, customer acquisition strategies, products & services, and initiatives through current and future digital and online channels; including social media platforms, website, intranet, and email.
The Digital Communication Project Manager’s strategies and plans will target residential; including Spanish-speaking and income eligible customers, small business, large commercial & industrial customers, media, and other stakeholders. The Digital Communication Project Manager will be expected to develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the industry, initiatives, target markets, products & services, programs, and tools addressing each target market. This Digital Communication Project Manager will develop, execute, measure, assess and make recommendations on effective strategies and plans to enhance and strengthen the CPS Energy brand in the greater San Antonio area, regionally, and nationally. The Digital Communication Project Manager will be responsible for collaboration and coordination with team members, internal operations, product teams, executives, other internal clients and partners as well as external stakeholders, agencies, consultants, and community organizations to identify, define and meet goals related to digital channels, initiatives and projects.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop digital marketing and communication strategies, plans, tactics, execution, and measurement for positioning, packaging, promoting and communicating the value of CPS Energy’s services, offers and ideas.
- Assume responsibility for brand management and messaging online and across current and future digital channels in support of CPS Energy’s brand, People First culture and the company’s safety culture.
- Create engaging content for digital channels and facilitate outreach and engagement. Apply copy editing, digital media, and creative eye to deliver messaging that is compelling and on brand.
- Develop metrics to measure, analyze and report on reach and effectiveness of digital channels, content, budget, and plans.
- Listen, monitor and inform regarding content and customer interactions on digital channels.
- Develop and execute plans for digital platforms, tools, materials, presentations and other deliverables to support customer service and business account management team’s objectives.
- Develop reporting and analyze data utilizing analytics and metrics from digital and social media channels to measure effectiveness and influence future strategies and tactics. Define new metrics and measures to demonstrate the success of marketing and communications initiatives.
- Assess processes, platforms and resources for opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
- Develop procurement and technical specifications for systems and services; including business case development input.
- Research and create internet marketing and advertising strategies, using both organic and paid components, to drive traffic to digital channels and achieve goals.
- Create, maintain and modify schedules for digital channel communications and updates.
- Manage detailed content calendar for digital channel opportunities.
- Create and publish branded content and make changes utilizing multiple platforms, including AEM web content management, Sprout social media management and others as needed to support digital channel effectiveness.
- Coordinate with communications and marketing team members to generate and share stories and content for all channels.
- Cultivate relationships with employees, customers and the community consistent with our People First philosophy.
- Attend CPS Energy, community and industry events and initiatives to capture photos, videos, and stories for timely digital publishing.
- Stay up-to-date with digital and social media trends and developments.
- Participate in the evolution of the digital strategy that will deliver better customer experiences, educate innovatively, and deliver greater value to customers, employees, stakeholders, and community organizations.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, be collaborative, and have a strong client-service background and orientation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge and Abilities
Must be willing to work outside of regular business hours.
Possess a valid driver’s license with a history of a safe driving record in accordance with CPSE policies, procedures, safety standards, and applicable laws and regulations
Demonstrated well-developed written and verbal communications skills for interaction within the section, across departmental lines to all levels of personnel, and vertically with management.
Developed analytical abilities & skills
Strong organizational skills; including abilities to work with minimal supervision, lead a cross-functional team and work effectively as a team member.
Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling.
Considerable professional experience with digital channels.
Ability to create content (text, copy graphics, video) in a fast pace digital space, both desktop and mobile.
Ability to achieve results; multi-task, prioritize and work in a flexible, highly collaborative, employee empowering work environment.
Ability to effectively manage time and complete projects and tasks within tight deadlines and on short notice.
Ability to monitor and track project deliverables and report on progress of the projects to all stakeholders.
Ability to present reports defining project progress, obstacles, and solutions.
Ability to effectively communicate issues/obstacles and recommend strategies and tactics to implement change.
Ability to implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs and assess results.
- Utility industry experience or foundational knowledge of the industry.
- Bi-lingual, English and Spanish.
- Event marketing, promotional marketing.
- Graphic design experience. Five to eight years of experience.
- Voice marketing knowledge.
- Extensive experience with web content management platforms AEM and WordPress. Five to eight years of experience.
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics, paid vs organic media and social media analytics. Five to eight years of experience.
- Extensive knowledge of functionality, scheduling, reporting, and analyzing for digital platforms to include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, SmugMug, Pinterest, Podcasting and new channels.
- Competent in design apps and software including Creative Cloud.
- Mobile photography and use of DLSR, mobile videography and video editing experience.
Working with Ambiguity
Driving for Results
Evaluating and Implementing Ideas
Driving Continuous Improvement
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Digital Media or related field from an accredited university OR relevant work experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
Indoor work, operating computer, manual dexterity, talking, hearing, repetitive motion. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator. Ability to travel between business related events. Work hours may be extended.
CPS Energy does not discriminate against applicants or employees. CPS Energy is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfers and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information or any other protected status. CPS Energy will comply with all laws and regulations.