Requisition Number: 39578
Corning, Inc. is a premier U.S. supplier of advanced optical solutions and components for the aerospace and defense industry!
Corning Advanced Optics is a global leader in providing cutting-edge material and optical solutions that serve a variety of commercial sectors. We have a long history in producing Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR) systems and have one of the world’s largest diamond turning manufacturing operations located in Keene, New Hampshire.
Corning’s unmatched expertise in specialty glass and optical physics results in a diverse set of products. From design through manufacturing, Corning uses its experience in single point diamond turning, precision machining, and thin film coating technology to produce integrated advanced multi and hyperspectral sensor systems and opto-mechanical assemblies. The intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) market segment is a primary area of focus.
- Set-up and operate CNC Diamond Turning machines from validated or new programs and other documentation with limited supervision
- Follows instruction on routers and drawings and uses proper methods of producing a quality part
- Inspect and document all specified features using a variety of inspection devices within the diamond turning department including interferometers, profilometers, and mechanical gauges to verify spheres, aspheres, flats, or other opto-mechanical components
- Aligns with ISO 9001 and follows Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintains work quality with minimal supervision
- May initiate and assist in developing practical solutions with engineering on problem jobs based on knowledge and expertise
- Work cross functionally to define processes, tooling and fixtures
- Depending on level, may be asked to act as trainer/mentor once proficient in Corning processes
- Minimum qualifications include High School Diploma or equivalent (preference for a 2-year technical degree)
- Blue print reading (GD&T), and 1+ years of experience in a machine shop or optics fabrication.
- Prior Diamond Turning or Fly Cutter experience
- Must be able to work and collaborate as part of a larger team.
Required to sign a covenant not to compete.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Are you ready for an exciting career with Corning Inc? Apply today!
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.