Requisition Number: 39005
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
Scope of Position:
In this role, you will support development by running experiments on products or processes. You will review experimental designs conducts experiments and reviews results against customer specifications and potential for cost reduction, process improvements, etc. for the business. We look for you to compile and maintain data and records results relating to experimental design results. Analyzes data and gives inputs and recommendations based on findings. You will need to use judgment, experience and initiative to resolve problems and make recommendations. Provide tools to support business projects, manufacturing sites, and competitive analysis. Drive continuous improvement projects to implement documented controls in the scale up of custom formulations.
- Provides inputs on feasibility of producing new products and processes including scale-up expertise and documentation drafting via change control.
- Analyzes data outputs and makes necessary adjustments to the process.
- Produces samples of the product based on customer requirements.
- Includes liquid formulation, sterile filtration, and aseptic filling of sample lots
- Works directly with sales team and external customers to obtain necessary information o Utilizes internal resources to successfully complete tasks o Runs QC tests on samples to make sure they meet customer specifications.
- Maintains and operates lab
- Performs preventative and ongoing maintenance of lab equipment.
- Participates on product or process development teams.
- Fixes customer issues and plant production issues.
- Provides recommendations to customers on experimental plans.
- Writes technical reports that highlight results and gives detailed analysis of data.
- Maintains product production and tracking schedule.
- Presents data analysis and recommendations at multi-functional product development meetings.
- No travel needed for this role.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Standard Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Flex time available.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field (science or engineering) required.
- Prefer degree program in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biology.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- Minimum of 0-1 year of lab experience.
- Good documentation practices.
- Spreadsheet and Math skills.
- Mammalian or bacterial cell culture experience.
- Good project management skills for overseeing projects (create schedules, plan resources, delegate tasks; deal with issues).
- Knowledge of Innovation process,
- Aseptic techniques
- Safety and Health knowledge
- Experience with Technical Writing (reports and procedures)
- Technical capability and willing to learn.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Drive for Results
- Competence in Technical Field
- Displays interest and drive to understand problems at first-principles level of understanding.
- Seeks education and mentoring in unfamiliar technologies.
- Builds relationships with scientists and technical colleagues in other organizations.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.