What you’ll be doing?
You’ll provide new or improved software to meet ongoing functional, market, manufacturer or legislative needs and thus ensure that CDK Dealer Services products maintain their market leading position.
Daily you’ll be;
- Develop application software conforming to quality guidelines based on the requirement definitions provided
- Investigate software problems identified in testing or via Support and provide solutions
- Provide technical and process documentation to complement user stories or specifications
- Secure all developments using the software repository
- Provide assistance to QA personnel in the testing and documentation process.
- Conduct development hand-over training to internal and external departments as required
- Lead, or assist in, the installation, implementation and support of field test / pilot of completed developments
- Make full use of internal applications and tools, such as CVS and GIT.
Do you dare to be different?
We look for people with the right cultural fit. While our business is full of industry minds we also value those who are keen to work together and have the potential to develop new knowledge and skills. Innovation and collaboration means growth and ours, ultimately, depends on yours.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of software development in a language such as VB, C++ or C#
- Basic knowledge of XML, XHTML and related technologies as well as a basic knowledge of networking
- Experience of Object Oriented Design and the use of modern database technologies such as Oracle and SQL Server
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to organise and present complex solutions clearly and accurately
- Be able to understand and interpret existing application software solutions
- Be able to demonstrate expertise in interpreting business requirement specifications and design efficient software solutions to meet the stated
- requirements that support business processes with a high-degree of user-database interaction
- A working knowledge of current operating systems (UNIX, LINUX, MS Windows etc.)
- A good understanding of software version control techniques, such as CVS, GIT or SourceSafe
- An appreciation of Scrum based Agile development methods and processes
- An ability to work to pre-defined timescales.