Company Name: Kroger General Office
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Line of Business:
See what life is like at Kroger Technology
Additional Technology Information:
Lead the design, development, testing, debugging, maintaining and documenting software components in accordance to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices. Maintain the overall responsibility in the technical design process. Lead and participate in the application technical design process and completes estimates and work plans for design, development, implementation, and rollout tasks. Communicate with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are delivered with the highest of quality and in accordance to standards. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Build partnerships across the application, business and infrastructure teams.
- Develop programming specifications; design, code and unit test application code using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Complete estimates and work plans with the assistance of more senior team members as appropriate for design, development, implementation and rollout tasks.
- Create technical system documentation and ensure that this documentation remains current throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Communicate with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are managed appropriately and that completed assignments are of the highest quality.
- Support and maintain applications utilizing required tools and technologies; provide support for applications, including involvement with the Support Center, NOC, Infrastructure teams, and vendors; provide off-hours support (24 x 7) as required.
- Assist other personnel on assignments including mentoring or providing on-the-job training to more junior associates.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 4 years of experience in systems analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies.
- Proven communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to customers and to all levels within the organization.
- Ability to interact well in a team environment.
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in IS or related equivalent work experience in an Information Systems position.
- 4 years of experience in systems analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies with medium size or medium level complexity projects.
- Prior experience with project planning with medium size or medium level complexity projects.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
States: Indiana; Kentucky; Ohio
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. As the largest traditional grocery chain in the U.S. and one of the world’s largest retailers, we employee nearly half a million Associates across 35 states. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OH || Blue Ash || 11450 Grooms Road || 45242 || Kroger General Office || [[mfield2]] || Kroger Technology/Digital || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || None