Perform leadership duties to ensure all contributors are trained properly and working safe and efficiently.
- Ability to perform and fully understand all jobs within your area, meeting training needs and requirements.
- Ensure daily training requirements are met or exceeded by monitoring and tracking training of personnel
- Maintain accurate training records for department and turn them into training coordinator/supervisor
- Monitor contributors for compliance with respect to training
- Assist training coordinator in motivating new contributors to perform at optimum productivity and accuracy levels
- Trainer must help new contributors acclimate to Dorman environment and culture.
- Assist training coordinator/supervisor in the safe & efficient operation of the department
- Trainer will be responsible for instilling a positive attitude into the new contributor as much as possible so the contributor will put forth full effort even when unsupervised.
- Trainer shall personally perform all jobs to standard and procedure. If a trainer is advocating a certain procedure, the employees should never see him/her doing that task through a different set of procedures.
- Work with Mentors in transitioning of new contributors
- Assist training coordinator in reviews/evaluations of new contributors
- Participate in training meetings and projects
- Attend regular trainer meetings monthly
- Operate within standard operating procedures
- Timely and regular attendance
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Present training classes in front of large groups (PP)
- Excellent math skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent performance and safety records – no active warnings in file
- Willing to work overtime as required
- Adhere to all safety standards and personal protective equipment (PPE) guidelines
- Must have general knowledge of the business
- Ability to assume leadership responsibilities and work with minimal supervision and follow written/verbal instructions
- Proficient in time management, planning, and forward thinking
- Ability to assist in projects for process improvement
- Ability to adapt, accept, and promote changes while encouraging a team environment to achieve business goals
- Ability to follow written/verbal instructions and convey information to assigned team
- Must possess sound interpersonal and communication skills in several forms, including written, verbal, memos, reports and emails
- Ability to follow and promote company policies and procedures
- Good analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Working knowledge of MOVE, QAD, RF and Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task and utilize time-management skills
- Industrial Equipment and Material Handler experience; Ability to pass the motorized industrial equipment training course and obtain license; safety shoes required
Physical Requirements: Capability to lift 45 pounds. Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach, swivel, carry items from one building to another, and speak and actively listen. Noise level is usually moderate.