Requisition ID: 225488
This role is for someone who is passionate about the value driven from data as well as the need to manage assets critical to our customers and our business.
Key for your success in this role is proven experience in Master Data Management (MDM) and technically sound in Data Quality (DQ), Data Modeling (DM), Metadata Management (MD), Reference Data Management (RDM), and ontology practices.
This role reports to the DEP Master Data Management & Data Governance Lead (MDM & DG Lead) and works closely with DEP Enterprise Architect, DEP Solution Architect, Process Leads, System Leads, and other entities to ensure cross-functional alignment in driving the data specifications, systems and architecture requirements and many of the key design paradigms, principles and methodologies into DEP. The position offers ample opportunity to "make a difference" and to be an active part of the decision-making process that leads to improvements and positive changes across the DEP implementation.
This role will technically manage
- our master data management platform, including tool configuration and operating processes,
- the translation of business requirements related to data mastering, quality, and governance into technical solutions with TIBCO EBX (or equivalent),
- a rigorous testing to ensure quality and accuracy,
- and associated integration, operation and health of the underlying systems.
The key objectives for this role are to:
- Participate, with other MDM and DG members in the development of setup and initial operation of MDM and DG platform systems. These activities will include
- Assist with MDM strategy develpment, process design, high-level MDM architecture requirements, and implementation
- Champion MDM and DQ practices throughout the enterprise by building/maintaining relationships with stakeholders
- Define and fine-tune core processes for MDM, MD, and RDM, and establish metrics that will enable the adoption of better master data practices
- Assess the technical viability for projects
- Create Operating Level Agreements and Service Level Agreements with partners to ensure delivery of data
- Perform data analysis to support projects and end-user research
- Implement rapid prototypes to flush out concepts and to obtain metrics supporting the fit for purpose
- Design, build, debug, and deply MDM/RDM solutions
- Develp the user interfaces to MDM data model that provide the level of visualization needed to support the data administration requirements
- Work with Data Modelers to gather requirements and use cases and design ontologies capable of scaling out to meet anticipated growth
- Assist, with the design and definition of ontologies, canonical models and class libraries to identify and fill knowledge gaps
- Identify, secure and leverage data resurces to generate context-relevant information
- Curate, organize and classify data with appropriate concept models
- Develp DQ metrics according to requirements and perform regular DQ and integrity checks
- Recommend and establish procedures for detection and correction of DQ issues
- Participates in system testing and user acceptance testing activities
- Tol administration and configuration, including rules and workflow for the TIBCO EBX (or equivalent) suite
- Drive delivery for application features to successful completion by coordinating resources
- Provide awareness training and key user support of master data related data structures
- Evangelize the role of MDM and Ontologies
- Participate in DEP Global Design to support workshop and requirement needs
- Develop high-performing domain team members and enhance the MDM and DG teams' effectiveness through coaching, training, and mentoring
- Support onboarding of initial MDM content
- Provide onboarding materials to workshop participants Position Skills (Indicate key skills and experience to further define the position. Proficiency levels range from lowest to highest: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced and Expert)
Interpersonal Effectiveness & Self-Management
Demonstrating Self Sufficiency
Negotiating & Collaborating
Planning, Prioritizing & Scheduling Work
Managing Process Improvement
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent EPC work experience
- 3 – 4 years of technical data experience, including combinations of: data stewardship, data modeling, software development, data lineage, ontology, taxonomy, and reporting/analytics delivery
- 3+ years of experience with data quality, analytics, master data management, data catalog, and data integration tools.
- 3+ years of experience with Enterprise MDM tools like TIBCO EBX, Informatica, Profisee, Talend, etc.
- Sound knowledge of data management life cycle, data governance, master data, data quality and capability maturity frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to deliver multiple concurrent project or large-scale individual projects
- Demonstrated ability to deliver end-to-end MDM/RDM solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences in organized manner
- Demonstrated ability to work in an Agile fashion and delivering in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience with relational and non-relational database systems and associated query languages and reporting solutions
- Experience and or understanding of a digital transformation program
- Able to not just lead but produce tangible deliverables (e.g., models, requirements, process diagrams)
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to think out of the box and questioning everything
- Relevant professional affiliations such as TDWI, ONTOLOG, DAMA are preferred
- Experience demonstrating and understanding of PII, CCPA, GDPR, Data Security and other data compliance frameworks
- Experience in using ontologies to support data integration
- Knowledge of Design Thinking
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction and project management partner to industry and government. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact. Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Bechtel serves the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. www.bechtel.com