Requisition No: 229361
Agency: Economic Opportunity
Working Title: DEO-229361- OPS GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS CONSULTANT II – 40097681
Position Number: 40097681
Salary: $38,659.92 – $79,578.74
Posting Closing Date: 09/18/2020
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) works across the state to support Florida’s economy, robust and talented workforce and our local communities. DEO is dedicated to making a stronger and more resilient Florida, so our businesses, communities and workforce are better prepared to withstand future economic slowdowns and natural disasters. DEO is focusing our efforts to help Floridians rebuild their homes and lives after the devastating impacts of Hurricanes Irma and Michael.
As a condition of pre-employment eligibility, a Level 2 security background screening Is required, which consists of fingerprinting and a check of local, state and national law enforcement records
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION RESPONSES TO THE QUALIFYING QUESTIONS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE VERIFIABLE BASED ON YOUR SUBMITTED APPLICATION.
The Office of Disaster Recovery (ODR) is seeking innovative candidates to serve as a Data Specialist within the Rebuild Florida Program.
THE HIRED CANDIDATE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING
- Providing management consultant services and assistance to state agencies and stakeholders to improve management capabilities and operational procedures.
- Providing assistance to agency officials and their staffs to promote the most efficient and effective accomplishment of the operating objectives at the lowest cost.
- Assisting the System of Record (SoR) Manager and program staff with the systemic review and analysis of SoR data
- Assisting in the negotiation and drafting of SoR Business Requirement and Solution Design document partnership agreements or amendments relating to the Rebuild Florida Program.
- Providing assistance to personnel, organizational units, and stakeholders engaged in developing/conducting organizational surveys, analytical methodologies, and operational procedures.
- Performing other duties as assigned
THIS POSITION HAS THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- This is independent work providing management consulting services for a state agency to improve management capabilities and operational procedures.
- Knowledge of basic management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the methods of data collection and analysis.
- Ability to organize data into logical format for presentation in reports, documents and other written materials.
- Ability to conduct fact finding research.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to collect, evaluate and analyze data to develop alternative recommendations, solve problems, document work flow and other activities relating to the improvement of management practices.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO THOSE APPLICANTS THAT HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS
- A bachelor's degree from a college or university and at least four years of professional experience in systems/data analysis, management analysis, program planning, program research and program evaluation
- A master's degree from a college or university can substitute for one year of the required experience.
- Professional or nonprofessional experience as described above can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college education.
This position’s advertisement may also be viewed by registering on the Employ Florida website at http://www.employflorida.com/.
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. (TTY/TDD 1-800-955-8771 or the Florida Relay Service – 711.)
If you think you have been subjected to unlawful discrimination, you may file a complaint within 180 days from the date of the alleged violation with either the recipient’s Equal Opportunity Officer, or the Director, Civil Rights Center:
- Equal Opportunity Officer, Department of Economic Opportunity, Caldwell Building – MSC 150, 107 East Madison Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-4129; or Director, Civil Rights Center (CRC), U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Avenue NW, Room N-4123, Washington, DC 20210.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.