Requisition ID: 6008
Built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company’s two industry-leading business segments—Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies—provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customers around the world. Grace employs approximately 3,900 people in over 30 countries.
- Contributes transformational thought leadership to critical business process designs for the Demand Planning function within the business which includes providing blueprinting input to the implementation of Demand Planning IT system(s).
- Develops and manages key business policies to guide behaviors in support of effective Demand Planning capabilities that enable business growth and cost advantages for Grace.
- Interacts with key stakeholders to maintain alignment of strategic growth strategies, demand drivers, global market conditions, and near-term tactical plans with proactive notifications as conditions change.
- Maintains context of short and long market conditions and market share opportunities and risk to inform global/regional capacity balancing.
- Works with Supply Planning to account for constrained supply conditions to guide Demand Control actions (i.e. shape demand to match project supply capability), including mix adjustment at product grade level to support effective detailed planning and scheduling processes.
- Validates and aligns portfolio assumptions, including timing and ramp/discontinuation rates of portfolio transitions with Marketing and Sales.
- Consistently performs timely analysis of best available data using defined and maintained planning structures, segmented planning strategies, and predictive modeling, as well as other available capabilities.
- Works with Sales Operations to collects and analyze other customer and market-level demand data from Marketing, Sales, and direct-from-customer sources to improve the predictability of business performance and drive proactive insight to market and customer dynamics.
- Works with Sales Operations to align near-term plan, inclusive of forecasts and actual orders.
- Prepare effective Demand Review briefing materials to inform Leadership of the latest operational demand outlook and identify key opportunities for Leadership influence to effect outcomes.
- Performs “what if” scenario analysis to determine alternatives and describe strategic and tactical options that lead to an operational perspective of Range-of-Outcomes (ROO) that can be evaluated against Financial Performance Ranges.
- Knowledge of the Business, Market, Customers, and Products supported.
- Effectively leads in conditions of ambiguity.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to assimilate multiple inputs into a cohesive output that is easily explained and defended.
- Strategic thinking and change agent with proven experience in managing continuous business process improvement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Advanced Planning Systems, Transactional Systems (i.e. SAP), Business Intelligence capabilities, and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent organizational, communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- Able to identify and analyze opportunities for improving financial drivers throughout supply chain.
- Ability to lead/manage within the matrix organization.
- Sense of urgency and bias towards action.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and a constant pursuit of addressing the unknown.
- Excellent communication skills, including inter-cultural understanding.
- B.S. degree, MBA a plus
- 5+ years of relevant Demand Planning experience with Marketing or Commercial exposure #WRGSJI
Grace is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Grace via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Grace. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Grace as a result of the referral or through other means.