Company Name: King Soopers
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy to create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish & maintain a safe & clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales & profit goals established for the department, & monitor & control all established quality assurance st&ards. Direct, support & supervise all functions, duties & activities for the Deli department. Role model & demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion & safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust & respect among associates while communicating company, department, & job specific information.
- Collaborate with associates to promote teamwork & encourage accomplishment of goals/st&ards.
- Establish performance goals for department & empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Train & develop associates on performance of their job & participate in the performance appraisal process
- Adhere to all local, state & federal laws, & company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important & appreciated. Inform customers of deli specials & recommend deli items to them to ensure they get the products they want & need.
- Gain & maintain knowledge of products sold within the department.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered & the correct portion size to prevent shrink; Slice deli meats & cheeses using proper deli equipment.
- Use all equipment in deli such as the fryer, rotisserie, heat lamps, & ovens according to company guidelines.
- Partner with store management to develop & implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Prepare & submit seasonal critiques for the sales & merch&ising supervisor.
- Implement the period promotional plan for the department.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal & special ads.
- Monitor & control expenses for the department.
- Assist store management in preparing the store/department budget, profit & loss reviews, & take appropriate action on all financial reports.
- Schedule daily, weekly & monthly price changes by updating shelf tags & promotional signs.
- Plan, organize & supervise the inventory process.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations & guidelines: Prepare foods according to the food temperature logs & follow cooking instructions; Ensure proper temperatures in cases & coolers are maintained & recorded.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures & identify & notify store management of unsafe conditions.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment & notify appropriate personnel of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, & illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to h&le stressful situations
- Current food h&lers permit, once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Management experience
- Retail experience
- Deli experience
- Second language: speaking, reading &/or writing
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at King Soopers: At King Soopers, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at King Soopers. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Colorado Springs || 3620 Austin Bluffs Pkwy || 80918 || King Soopers || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None