Req ID: 30236
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): N/A
Relocation offered: Yes
Travel required: None
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it’s more than that. It’s smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You’ll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you’ll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
As a Senior Data Solutions Analyst based in Irvine, you will partner with business operations, IT, and third-party vendors as a service data expert to develop solutions that source, structure, and curate data to enable advanced analytics within the service experience.
- Develops existing partnerships with business units to build subject matter expertise on business processes, data needs and data gaps
- Works with key business contacts in different departments to identify opportunities to improve data-use within their business processes.
- Identifies missing data sets and assesses on-going data needs within the organization.
- Fills data gaps by discovering and providing data from new sources.
- Develops existing partnerships with IT, or other business units, to develop and deliver enterprise-scale solutions that extract, transform and integrate data from different data sources
- Performs assessments of sourcing, integration and validation options in conjunction with IT and business stakeholders.
- Designs and builds business-developed technical solutions in support of data delivery, data enablement, automation or self-service
- Leverages the analytics workbench (e.g. Alteryx, R, Python, SQL) to develop solutions that source, transform, enrich, validate and load data.
- Designs, develops and executes test plans for solutions to ensure accuracy and data quality.
- Provides ongoing support for data delivery solutions and ensures the timeliness and accuracy of information
- Develops and executes process review and reconciliation of data between sources and platforms.
- Retrieves and validates external data from 3rd party vendors, builds and runs scripts that transform that information, and ensures the timely loading of that data into internal systems.
- Provides requirements and user-acceptance testing for large-scale IT solutions that source, transform, and deliver that data.
- Recognizes and adopts best practices in data automation: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation and documentation
Business & Technical Skills:
- Demonstrates working knowledge of technical and functional designs for databases, ETL, data warehousing and reporting,
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in advanced analytics and data mining
- Meaningful experience of SQL and scripting tools for automation (i.e., R, Python, Alteryx),
- Knowledge of reporting/data visualization tools such as Tableau, and SSRS; hands on experience with Hadoop or other “big data” systems; knowledge of Azure, AWS, Oracle Database and Confluence
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world’s largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.