Req ID: 100589
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Data Center Hardware Specialist Team Lead – Oklahoma City, OK to join our team in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (US-OK), United States (US).
The DC Operations IT Hardware Team Lead is responsible for network cable installations and removals, space planning, cabinet/equipment installations rack and stack, smart hands hardware break/fix support and network cabling and fiber diagnostics. The candidate will be responsible for:
Day to day responsibility for all hardware deliverables to include hardware installs (rack/stack), network cabling and decommissioning.
Managing the team’s schedule, including on-call rotation. While Ensuring team members are following NTT processes and procedures.
- Works with the Hardware team and is responsible for infrastructure support including installations, troubleshooting and repair, of the data center physical infrastructure
- Deploys systems based on business/user requirements
- Able to establish a thorough understanding and management of customer business needs and expectations
- Smart Hands work to include hardware (break/fix), troubleshooting connectivity issues and replacement of hardware components
- Shipping, Receiving and Inventory Management
- Other duties as directed that support world class management of the Data Center
- Conduct clear and effective two-way communication, verbal and electronic, with team members and vendors as well as, internal and external customers.
- Must be of physical condition to support this physically demanding position. (This is not a desk job, must be able to lift 50 lbs and spend the entire shift working on the raised floor)
- Expected Shifts: Subject to change as business dictates
- Full Time
- Rotating On-Call
- Position is a 24x7x365 operation
- Must be a US Citizen and able to pass a detailed background investigation for government clearance
Basic Required Qualifications:
- 5+ years Data Center IT Operations and/or Infrastructure experience
- People management experience- Specifically overseeing and managing team member’s schedules
- Experience with consoling into network switches and servers
- Previous experience with Dell and EMC hardware
- High School Diploma
Highly Preferred Skills:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Solid time-management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Positive Attitude
- Flexible and team-oriented
- A+, Microsoft or VMWare certifications
- Associates degree in an engineering or information technology discipline preferred
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.