Req. ID: 235902
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
As a DRAM Cloud Data Center Engineer at Micron Technology Inc. you will be working with compute platforms in a data center environment, seeking out different failure mechanisms, and predictability of those mechanisms and their effect on the overall system environment. You will work alongside DRAM design, system, and product engineers to improve future component designs that help enhance overall system performance. You will also work with Cloud enablers and Datacenter customers to innovate and improve the overall stability and performance of the cloud.
Responsibilities and Tasks include the following, but not limited to:
- Collaborate with Micron’s key customers and chip enablers regarding different ECC implementations
- Work closely and innovate with internal teams as well as outside specialists to improve existing and future Cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders to acquire relevant information and regularly meet with business partners to validate data and assumptions
- Help analyze and debug performance and ECC issues from customer telemetry data
- Translate assessments of strategies into impactful decision points and recommendations
- Drive and help automate performance, benchmarking, and analysis tools within the internal teams
Qualifications and Skills include, but not limited to:
- 8+ years of ECC and cloud data center experience
- A clear understanding of Datacenter infrastructure including bare metal, virtual machines, and other cloud implementations
- Deep understanding of Cloud/Hyperscale data center implementations
- Experience with AMD, Intel, or ARM processor architectures a plus
- Knowledge and specific understanding of the tradeoffs between different hardware and/or software implementations and how those implementations will affect the DRAM usage in those systems
- Strong understanding of how DRAM memory is used in systems and end-customer solutions
- Understanding of computer architecture
- Highly effective, strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Excellent analytical, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Adaptable to a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment with multifaceted demands
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial, and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR, and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose-built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs, and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center/Activity rooms (Boise/San Jose only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members’ disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Boise || Idaho (US-ID) || United States (US) || DEG (DRAM Engineering Group) || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-LP1 ||