Join us for an exciting Spring internship! Our downtown Green Bay headquarters is full of dynamic and fun people who want to share their knowledge!
As an intern at Imperial, we’ll help you design an experience that meets your learning objectives while helping you explore how the areas of our business relate and interact. You’ll enjoy a variety of day-to-day work assignments, cross-functional meetings, exposure to executive leadership, and soft skill development.
Imperial Supplies is a growing distributor of fleet maintenance products. We’ve been based in Green Bay since 1958 and have a strong history of double digit annual growth!
- Paid internship beginning in Spring 2021 semester
- Duration of 12 weeks, up to 20 hours per week depending on student interest and availability
- Willing to provide supporting documentation for students seeking school credit
Potential day-to-day responsibilities
- Data mining using multiple internal data sources as well as outside research to create analysis according to sales, customer, and company objectives at macro and micro levels
- Develop hypothesis, analyze data and create powerful visualizations that tell a story and transform complex data into easily-consumable actionable insights
- Collect, organize, and prepare data for consumption into machine learning models and Tableau dashboards
- Working on special initiatives which could include streamlining of processes, quality initiatives, or leading small scale projects
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Potential learning outcomes:
- Experience and understand the importance of analytics for Sales, Marketing, and Operations applications
- Exposure to analytical tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Google Analytics, R, and Python
- Develop investigative skills in collection and interpretation of data in order to provide innovative recommendations to support complex business decisions
- Understand the importance of Big Data in business
- Active enrollment in a 2 or 4 year accredited college in a relevant course of study
- Proficiency in Excel
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 based on a 4.0 scale
- Strong oral and written communications skills, and be able to work effectively and build relationships with others
- Good organization and planning skills
Imperial is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.