Requisition ID: 222353
Location: Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Today, our colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is delivering a transformation program on behalf of, and in collaboration with, the Saudi National Project, Management Organization (NPMO). The NPMO (known locally as “Mashroat”) has the mandate to transform Saudi Government Entities (“Entities”) into more efficient and effective project management organizations, which in turn will result in improved project performance. Projects are defined as government funded and delivered infrastructure construction projects. Bechtel’s contract started in February 2017 and completes in February 2020 (but may be subject to an extension).
In 2017, Mashroat’s mandate increased to include transforming Entities into more efficient and effective Operations & Maintenance (O&M) management organizations. In June 2019, Bechtel’s scope expanded to include the management and coordination of Mashroat’s O&M partner. Bechtel’s management of Mashroat’s O&M partner requires additional resources across a number of departments.
Bechtel is seeking O&M Dashboard Technical Support Engineer. Provides IT systems support to the Dashboard Manager. Works as a systems software specialist with knowledge of industry software systems such as SQL databases, SSRS reports and development of Power BI dashboards. Has experience in similar applications for engineering, procurement and construction programs. Develops and maintains Power BI dashboard graphical interface for Mashroat national and entity reporting. Generates reports and analysis tools for projects reviews and audits. Familiar with project controls systems which requires related technical skill and experience. Demonstrates skills in identifying, analyzing, and providing innovative solutions to project reporting problems. Able to provide user training to entities on using Power BI O&M Dashboard. Ensures work is completed as scheduled. Identifies deviations resulting from reviews of Dashboard monthly reports. Reviews entity project summary reports (PSR) for data completeness and accuracy.
- Supports O&M Dashboard software development including programming support for creating Power BI visuals.
- Coordination with Mashroat IT for the maintenance of SQL databases and development of SSRS Reports.
- Assists with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and test data creation during dashboard development.
- Supports Dashboard initiatives and enhancements. Identifies needs for automation development as it relates to Monitoring and Evaluation reporting and validation for data integrity.
- Supports audit function and runs deviation reports for evaluating O&M entity and contractor performance.
- Familiar with contractor progress and performance tracking. Able to review data verify that results are accurate as reported and provide training as required.
- Assists in providing analyses of data published for Mashroat O&M Dashboard at national and entity levels.
- Work with Mashroat IT to help track and maintain Dashboard user access and coordination with Entity POC’s.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, IT, Construction Management or related fields.
- Should have 8-12 years of professional experience in the industry and familiar with project controls systems.
- Experience in developing project Dashboards using Microsoft Power BI applications in support of various EPCM Project Functions: engineering, procurement construction, pre-commissioning and project controls.
- Demonstrated ability to understand project controls requirements for setting up systems and tools and utilize software solutions that improve project efficiency and flow of information across disciplines.
- Team player and seeks alignment of project goals with deliverables in concert with project budget and schedule.
- Can produce program dashboards and reports independently with minimal supervision using a high level of professional judgment and knowledge.
- Advanced level of knowledge of software application for use in the engineering and construction industries.
- Positive can-do attitude, desire to learn
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Competent in full suite of Microsoft programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in English and in Arabic is a plus.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.