Requisition No: 204482
Agency: Management Services
Working Title: CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II – 72002460
Position Number: 72002460
Posting Closing Date: 09/30/2020
Customer Service Representative II
Division of Retirement – Contact Center
State of Florida Department of Management Services
This position is located in Tallahassee
This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants are still being considered and need not re-apply.
The Florida Department of Management Services (DMS) is a customer-oriented agency responsible for managing the various business and workforce-related functions of state government. Under the direction of Governor Ron DeSantis and DMS’ Executive Leadership Team, the agency oversees the real estate, procurement, human resources, group insurance, retirement, technology, telecommunications, private prisons, fleet, and federal property assistance programs utilized throughout Florida’s state government. DMS is relied upon to establish, maintain and improve the business processes used by state employees to create a better, not bigger government. DMS facilitates the delivery of these programs and services and provides tools and training to bolster the efficiency and effectiveness of the state’s workforce. It is against this backdrop that DMS strives to demonstrate its mission, “We serve those who serve Florida.” Under the leadership of DMS Secretary Jonathan Satter, DMS’ employees embody four pillars on a daily basis: lead by example, serve with excellence, create efficiencies, and challenge the status quo.
This is a professional position within the Division of Retirement’s Contact Center providing quality assurance to Florida Retirement System (FRS), non-retired members, retirees, beneficiaries, employers, and other stakeholders. The incumbent will have comprehensive knowledge of applicable Florida retirement laws, rules, and Division policies.
Provide customer service by telephone and email to members, employers, and other stakeholders by communicating the following information:
- Estimates of retirement benefits
- Application for FRS and/or Retiree Health Insurance Subsidy benefits
- Deferred Retirement Option Program (DROP)
- Termination requirements and forms required to receive accumulated account balance under the DROP or to receive refunds of member contributions
- Disability retirement benefits
- Benefit payments and amounts withheld from benefit payments
- Beneficiary designation
- Employer/Employee enrollments and contributions
- How to access and utilize the features of FRS Online
- Update home mailing addresses for benefit recipients and terminated, non-retired members
- Handle questions regarding retirees’ 1099-Rs and Member Annual Statements
- Provide income verification letters, beneficiary change forms and other forms as requested, and update home mailing addresses for benefit recipients and terminated, non-retired members. Transfer calls to specified individual requested by the caller. Verify if benefit payments have been cashed; request duplicate warrants for lost, stolen or mis-delivered benefit payments; and request copies of cashed warrants. Serve on committees and hiring panels, and other division projects. Provide training for Customer Services Representatives.
- Provide coaching for Customer Service Representatives
- Perform other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of personal computer use (hardware and software) for various automated applications
- Ability to understand and apply applicable laws, rules, and Division policies relating to retirement
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use proper phone etiquette
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to research information quickly
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to speak on the phone for extended periods of time
- Ability to multi-task
- This position requires sedentary work and repetitive motion.
- Accountability, Communication, Empowerment, Flexibility, Integrity, Respect, Teamwork
- A bachelor’s degree from a college or university and 6 months of professional experience in the area of insurance, retirement or social security, administration, call center, customer service, fiscal work, statistics, personnel, or any combination thereof.
Professional experience in the areas described or any combination of the above, can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college education.
DMS is committed to successfully recruiting and onboarding talented and skilled individuals into its workforce. We recognize the extensive training, experience and transferrable skills that veterans and individuals with disabilities bring to the workforce. Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact our recruiter for guidance and answers to questions through the following provided email addresses.
An individual with a disability is qualified if he or she satisfies the skills, experience, and other job related requirements for a position and can perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must contact the DMS Human Resources (HR) Office at (850) 488-2707. DMS requests applicants notify HR in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Successful completion of background screening will be required for this position.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.