NRG is the leading integrated power company in the U.S., built on the strength of our diverse competitive electric generation portfolio and leading retail electricity platform. A Fortune 500 company, NRG creates value through best-in-class operations, reliable and efficient electric generation, and a retail platform serving residential and commercial businesses. Working with electricity customers large and small, we implement sustainable solutions for producing and managing energy, developing smarter energy choices and delivering exceptional service as our retail electricity providers serve almost three million residential and commercial customers throughout the country.
More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
NRG Northeast Retail is seeking an extremely talented and ambitious customer service professional to assist our customer care team in achieving best in class customer service and policy adherence. The Customer Care Team Coach will manage a team of in-house representatives and escalation associates while establishing new procedures and policies to ensure excellence. The Customer Care Team Coach will effectively manage all aspects of their team including, but not limited to, staffing, coaching, quality assurance, training, and other day to day functions. The ideal candidate is an intelligent and energetic individual with the ability to function in an unstructured environment while contributing greatly to the growth of the overall business. Ability to interact effectively with customers is a must.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the customer experience by working with a team of customer service representatives and escalation associates to ensure they promote and maintain positive relationships with prospective and existing customers by acting as an internal champion for customer needs
- Ensure the ongoing satisfaction of customers by providing feedback to Customer Service management to help shape retention strategies
- Resolve all customer escalations by overseeing representative interactions and by establishing and implementing new policies and procedures
- Frequently field customer calls in a supervisory role
- Field calls in an agent role as needed to maintain Service Level goals
- Interface with multiple parties to resolve escalations and complaints, including maintaining required tracking documentation. Includes frequent follow-up directly to customers via the phone
- Interact with utility companies, operations, and technology counterparts to resolve customer issues
- Assist representatives with all aspects of service from sales techniques to back-office processes and procedures
- Enforce department objectives
- Monitor reporting to effectively track progress against objectives
- Assist in training of new and existing customer service personnel
- Ensure adherence to team procedures
- Evaluate customer service personnel call quality performance to achieve department objectives
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as a coach, lead or supervisor within a call center environment
- Must demonstrate effective problem solving and creative abilities
- Must have the ability to effectively and constructively coach customer service agents to better serve customer
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous Energy/Utility experience
- Previous experience working on cross-functional team project
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with strong attention to details
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Effective in handling customer escalations through a consistent calm, empathetic and professional approach
- Strong results-orientation
- Ability to think creatively and problem-solve
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Regularly required to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- Regularly required to use a computer to communicate via online channels
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds.
- Minimal domestic travel is required – approximately 5%
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
- Open Office Environment – Primary Work Location – Bryan/College Station, Texas
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant’s experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources