Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the role:
This Therapy Consultant position requires someone with a strong clinical aptitude that can work in a team environment. Strong sales skills are a definite need and the ability to be coached and directed will assist in making this job a success. Responsibilities unique to this position are having a good understanding of the catheterization lab and being able to build strong relationships with the physicians and the staff. The Interventional Cardiology team with Boston Scientific is looking for high energy, driven, passionate people, looking to not just change jobs, but start an amazing career!
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In Interventional Cardiology (IC) we design, develop, and produce technologies for diagnosing and treating coronary artery disease and other cardiovascular disorders. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Cardiovascular Diseases, Coronary Artery Disease, Acute Myocardial Infarction. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Drug-Eluting Stents, Bare-Metal Stents, Catheters, Balloons, Guide Wires, Coronary Atherectomy and Coronary Intravascular Ultrasound. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in Interventional treatments.
This Therapy Consultant will have the opportunity to sell and promote company products within a defined geographic territory. This will be accomplished by developing new accounts and expanding usage of company products within current accounts in an effort to meet a sales quota based on company sales goals and to directly increase sales revenue of the company.
Your responsibilities include:
• Sells products by scheduling sales calls to meet with current and potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives assigned by company on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
• Develops and implements sales strategies by determining the relevant factors (e.g., product, competition and pricing needs) of existing and potential accounts to effectively promote the company’s products to appropriate hospital personnel and physicians.
• Develops action plans (i.e., weekly, quarterly, monthly) by analyzing quarterly and monthly sales figures and reports identifying the needs of particular accounts and discussing issues with Regional Sales Manager to help the organization achieve its annual sales goals.
• Determines the needs (e.g., product and pricing), goals, product usage, and types of cases handled by specific customers by meeting with and asking in-depth questions of physicians and other hospital personnel to learn which BSC products can best address their specific needs.
• Observes actual procedures in the cardiac catheterization or electro-physiology lab and operating room of hospital accounts to gain insight into the specific nuances of each physician and each member of the lab staff.
• Establishes pricing packages by working with relevant BSC personnel to establish price points that address specific customer’s needs while satisfying company guidelines and policies.
• Responds to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g. clinical research, pricing and/or marketing) to develop optimal solutions.
• Develops relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
• Educates customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to secure purchasing commitments, often with the help of incentive programs and services made available to the account being developed.
What we’re looking for:
- 2-4 Years with BA; 0-2 Years with MBA
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in medical device sales
- A four year degree with a background in sales and a proven track record of success will help in making this position a successful team approach to selling in the catheterization lab and to our physicians.
- Strong clinical, analytical and selling skills are a must in this position.
- Person should have a proven ability to take on a large number of accounts and travel within a 4 state area.
- Problem solving and the ability to be coached and directed by other teammates will allow collaboration and success in selling IVUS, DES, balloons and the full bag of specialty products
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 461679